REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
BUILD ID: 4.0.1.45
HARDWARE: Sony XA2
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: Unclear

DESCRIPTION:

Jumping within a text input field is impossible

PRECONDITIONS:

Open a textfield in a android browser (like Firefox for Android). For example by opening the “reply” dialog in this forum :slight_smile:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Type in a few words an start jumping to different text sections
  2. The cursor will alway mark the chosen text position
  3. Type in new words - they will appear in that place where you last wrote (not where you marked)

EXPECTED RESULT:

You should be able to jumo in diefferent text sections and carry on writing there!

ACTUAL RESULT:

The typed word appear in former place

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Bad work around: You can close the SFOF keybord an restart it again every time this issue appears. Then it will work for short while before it comes up again.

5 Likes

Known issue, sadly… WhatsApp works fine, but e.g. Vivaldi suffers from this.

Tip: after typing a space you can relocate the cursor…

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. This is a known issue and currently being worked on.

1 Like

I have noticed a lot of replies lately about internal bug tickets having being created. I would like to say thanks to @jiit for the level of communication!

1 Like

In the meantime, I have a workaround: install a keyboard for Android from, say, F-Droid! I’m using Gboard with Aurora Store at the moment, and it works like a charm! (Plus I can finally use swiping to input text! I really wish Jolla would implement it officially, as onboard doesn’t work with Finnish nor XA2 Ultra…)

This issue is still the same with SFOS 4.4.0

1 Like

As @jiit notes above, we have this issue logged on our internal bug tracker, so I’ve tagged it as tracked.

1 Like

You can train okboard to “learn” Finnish, with a textfile with a list of words and a textfile (corpusfile) with some texts so it can learn which word will probably follow after which word. You find the instructions in the readme of the source code repository