[3.4.0.24] Video playback missing after some time

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): after some time after the boot
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE: French
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes, never happened in previous OS versions

DESCRIPTION:

video playback is no more possible system-wide (gallery, browser, harbour apps, etc) after visiting some web sites or some time (hard to say).

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Reboot the system, video playback is OK
  2. Watch some videos (Gallery, youtube, etc)
  3. After some time, the next playback is not working anymore

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc.
The lib used for video playback seems to be the suspect since the new hardware acceleration that has been activated in the last system release.

1 Like

Please use Sailfish utilities (Jolla Store) to check if using second option -home screen- helps in resolving too, then I would assume a memory problem.

Thanks, I didn’t had the reflex to restart lipstick. Next time it happens, I’ll do it and report the result here.

I confirm that restarting lipstick solves the problem temporarily.
Up to now, it seems that the problem appears only after video playback inside the browser.

I encountered this bug with 4.1.0.24 on the Xperia 10 ii. It is cumbersome because restaring lipstick (aka homescreen) with Sailfish utilities crashes on the Xperia 10 ii - a possible cause could be the file browser because instances of Gallery opened with the file browser are not closing after closing file browser