[3.4.0.22] XA2 phone calls no audio

I’m rather dismayed to report that I had this issue reoccur for the first time since applying the pulseaudio setting. It also didn’t get fixed after the first reboot, only the second :frowning:

2 Likes

I think as well that the changed pulseaudio service-file has no effect. It occurred several times since then. Once even 5 reboots where necessary to fix the issue. In the journals there are several interesting lines, especially the last 4 ones:

Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish telepathy-ring[4151]: trying to create call to "+XXX"
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish ofonod[3045]: dialing "+XXX"
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: binder: 3045:26274 got transaction with out-of-order buffer fixup
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: binder: 3045:26274 --> 6528:0 transaction failed 29201/-22, size 284-48 line 2442
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish mce[2872]: tklock.c: tklock_datapipe_uiexception_type_cb(): uiexception_type = none -> call
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish telepathy-ring[4151]: call create request to "+XXX" successful
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: binder: 3045:26274 got transaction with out-of-order buffer fixup
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: binder: 3045:26274 --> 6528:0 transaction failed 29201/-22, size 284-48 line 2442
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: send_afe_cal_type cal_block not found!!
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish [4158]: [D] unknown:0 -         Type: "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.StreamedMedia"
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish [4158]: [D] unknown:0 -         Interfaces: ("org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.DTMF", "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.Hold", "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.Group", "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.CallState", "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.ServicePoint", "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.Splittable.DRAFT")
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish lipstick[4404]: [D] onDestruction:267 - coverActionIndicators destroyed voicecall-ui.desktop
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish lipstick[4404]: [D] onCompleted:263 - coverActionIndicators created voicecall-ui.desktop
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10010 is big. Consider r2q change.
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: qdsp_cvp_callback: cmd = 0x13198 returned error = 0x1
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: voice_send_cvp_topology_commit_cmd: DSP returned error[ADSP_EFAILED]
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: voice_setup_vocproc: Set topology commit failed err:-131
Dec 20 14:34:08 Sailfish kernel: setup voice failed

I’m happy to provide the complete logs to the developers but not publicly. These logs are from a XA2 Plus Dual SIM with SFOS 3.3.

3 Likes

This problem hit me today. Couple of reboots and editing pulseaudio.service helped for now. (3.4.0.24)

3 Likes

I’m still getting this issue and it takes several reboots to get my phone back in working order.

Have Jolla commented on the that fact that previous OS updates have never resolved the issue or made any comment about the fact that some of us cant call people on our phone?!

2 Likes

Yes. @jovirkku commented a few times here in this thread, so Jolla is aware of the issue, and especially of the fact that neither updates nor proposed workarounds fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Yes, he did…

…but about this -Jolla as a company- I am not sure.

Reason why this topic is really urgent, imho:

Else one would need to go via zendesk and this may help single person but not community wise.

2 Likes

I agree that while the input on a workaround to attempt was welcome I think this issue is critical enough and has been live long enough to warrant a more verbose update from Jolla. This bug was identified several releases ago and was even at some point listed as resolved. What is understood about the issue? What has been done so far and what is being done right now to resolve this in the next release?

4 Likes

28 days and it happened again. This is bad.

Have you managed to repeat this problem at Jolla? If not, I’m willing to let you access my phone while the problem is on so you can take a look if that helps finding out the cause.

You have my email address.

4 Likes

I had this problem, too, when I allowed Situations to control cellular data and wlan.
Previously for one year I had no problem and after limiting Situations only to make phone quiet during night I have not seen the bug during several months.

Hi all, just for the record:
I also had this issue for the first time ever.
No audio on phone calls.
On incoming calls, I heard it ring, but then silence.
After a single power-cycle of the phone, it worked again.

Phone: XA2 Dual-Sim

In the journal I find:
Feb 20 09:23:29 XperiaXA2-DualSIM kernel: qdsp_cvp_callback: cmd = 0x13198 returned error = 0x1
Feb 20 09:23:29 XperiaXA2-DualSIM kernel: voice_send_cvp_topology_commit_cmd: DSP returned error[ADSP_EFAILED]
Feb 20 09:23:29 XperiaXA2-DualSIM kernel: voice_setup_vocproc: Set topology commit failed err:-131
Feb 20 09:23:29 XperiaXA2-DualSIM kernel: setup voice failed

3 Likes

Hi all,

I also have this problem since yesterday. Same problem and similar setup (4.0.1 + XA2 single-sim) as @Induhvidual, except for the power cycle.

After recharging, and rebooting the problem is still there.

I have had cases where multiple reboots were necessary.

Did you try to reboot without the sim card and putting it back inside?

I will try later. Thanks for the idea.

After some restarts, it appears to work again.

I hope it lasts…

Starting the first call with headphones plugged in seems to trigger the problem.

This happened to me first time in Sailfish 4.0. Thought the phone broken so to test it I mounted Android back…no problems …I rebooted many times the Sailfish and nothing happened. Waiting for the next phone before I test Sailfish again Sad but cannot have a phone with such a problem

As it seems the problem is a rare one.

Maybe rare by devistating in these times when you wait a call from your Doctor and do not know that it can happen. Did not think that you must look at your phone at all times. Cannot think the meaning with this OS is to have a spare phone with you all times. it has to be adressed.Ihave used Sailfish from the beginning and MeeGo before that so I can take many gliches but this is no good.

4 Likes

I never had this problem before.
But after upgrading a XA2 (Plus) from 3.4.0.24 to 4.0.1.48 there was no audio in telephone calls. The ringing was ok and a connection was established, but the telephone partners could not hear the other one. Restarts did not help.
By chance I stopped WLAN and restablished it. Afterwards the audio in telephone calls was working.
But of course I’m not sure if this is a always working workaround or just a “one-hit wonder”.
Best regards, Uwe.

1 Like