[3.4.0.22] Gps not working [Issue?]

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID: 3.4.0.22
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia 10
UI LANGUAGE: Fr
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Applications using position (Pure Maps, GPSInfo) are not synchonizing with position.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open GPSInfo (0.13-1)
  2. Wait

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

Number of used satellites is always zero. In the status bar icon keeps flashing.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

4 Likes

GPS works well with XperiaX.

Thanks for your feedback. If it works well with another Xperia 10 then I will do a full reinstall.

1 Like

At least on my XA2+ I can confirm that GPS doesn’t work anymore. Tried assisted GPS for a while after the update to 3.4.022 which didn’t get a fix. As Mozilla stopped its Location service I guess it’s not a surprise.
My test for ‘device only’ localisation was only for several minutes so I cannot say for sure that it will eventually get a fix, however I’m rather pessimistic.

2 Likes

Finally it seems to work but synchronization is very slow. So no issue for me

1 Like

This IS an issue!
And has been addressed to Jolla for longer time within quite a few threads …

8 Likes

But it is quite strange that it does not affect everybody, huh??

2 Likes

I agree, this is definitely an issue. On my XPERIA 10 (3.4.0.22) GPS in HERE Maps works after 15 minutes. The same is for the native app GPSInfo.
In real situations (in car) you cannot wait so long.

I am not sure with next statement, but it seems that GPS start to work in android apps only if GPSInfo is running. I will test it.

The tag [No Issue] from title of this post should be removed.

3 Likes

You are correct there is an issue. I thought it was not working, it works but it is definitely too slow to lock.

4 Likes

Same issue here:
Xperia 10 Dual-Sim updated to SailfishOS 3.4.0.22 and now GPS does find it’s position anymore. I’ve waited for 30 Minutes without success.

… update: After 45 minutes of no change at all, suddenly the satellites all started to appeared in GPS-Info and the GPS started working again.

1 Like

Sony Xperia XZ2, GPS isn’t working.
As I got from this article, there are two types of GPS - GPS itself and assisted GPS, which uses Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. And the problem, I believe, is in assisted GPS, so it may be the Wi-Fi module.