Jolla tablet (refunds) - updates?

Whether or not it is harping, I leave that in the middle. The fact is Jolla refunded half of the money and they promised to keep us up-to-date with refund process, based upon their financial situation. There is no picture here about the financial situation of Jolla at the moment, but they seem to be moving into the right direction. Jolla should provide us with an update with regards to this refund process and whether or not they still attempt to pay back funders. To me I consider the money lost, it is part of investing. But that does not take away that Jolla can do better in communicating their point of view or their financial situation.

4 Likes

To me, personally, they did not refund a penny. Thats why I am asking for clarity from the Jolla side.

Who has received the refund? Who has received a partial refund? What is the financial situation of Jolla?

After more than four years, I think that we have waited more than enough. At this stage, one can only wonder if Jolla intends to even refund us…

@maajussi @veskuh please answer the questions! Either though here or though a specific blogpost!

Michael is not part of Jolla.

I can’t comment on financial situation on behalf of the company. Previously, we updated about refund statuses at blog: https://blog.jolla.com/second_phase_refund/

1 Like

You should have received half of the refund already 4 years ago. If this didn’t happen we didn’t have correct email address or the email has gone to spam or otherwise disappeared.

This is the original post about the first refund round:

4 Likes

Hello. Is it possible to use the remaining of the refund to buy licenses?

Yes, coverting refund or part of it to Sailfish X license (via voucher) has been offered already in the beginning of Sailfish X sales. This was communicated via email to backers and also via blog Jolla Blog:

As communicated on previous blog post, backers could choose an option to receive a voucher valued at €49.90 in order to purchase a Sailfish X license using their remaining refund. As of the publishing date of this blog post, we have over 800 of backers choosing the mentioned option. We will do our best to avoid such issues and delays for the following phases as they are frustrating as it gets for both parties. Cheers, James, on behalf of the refund team

This is still an option for tablet backers.

3 Likes

And how do I get this? I received the first 50% refund, and I would now like to have the second 50% as a Sailfish X voucher.
@Jolla: Can you post some instructions what I have to do, please?

They did already.

If you went in in the (now long closed) tablet refund tool for 50% refund and 50% later/voucher then you should have received another e-mail with a link where you can manage to exchange your outstanding refund against voucher(s).
Please look for this in your mails.

3 Likes

Oh wow, I had totally missed this e-mail from 2017 :sweat_smile:

The link (in the e-mail) still works for me and I just received a voucher code. How nice.

9 Likes

This worked for me too. I also just received the voucher code. Thanks for the hint. :+1:

6 Likes

Currently is does not work anymore. Jolla support could not give a timeframe when it will be fixed.
I wanted to exchange for my last SailFish X voucher for Xperia 10 ii.

2 Likes

coincidence? I do not think so

Just a few hours after my last posting, i got an email from Jolla Support with a new link for the refund tool.
Got the voucher and bought a Sailfish X license for Xperia 10 ii.
Found no spare time yet to prepare the Xperia 10 ii and flash Sailfish. Hopefully i will during my summer holidays…

4 Likes

Had got the new link too. Moreover, I had bought two licenses for XA2 and Xperia10_ii. Finally I had got the rest on my PayPal account.

1 Like

Just FYI but on Sunday I emailed support to be reminded of the link to the refund tool.

I originally had received a PayPal refund of 50% of what I pledged and have been using the remaining balance for some time since then to get Sailfish X licences. First for an XA2, then for an Xperia 10 Plus and most recently for an Xperia 10ii.

Support replied with the link on Monday and thinking I may get an Xperia 10iii I used the link they sent me to get another license leaving a balance of $29.21 on my account.

Imagine my surprise when today I get an email from Paypal saying that Jolla Asia Limited has sent you $29.21!!!

It’s taken a while but I have received value for all I pledged. Thank you Jolla!

Maybe things are beginning to move on refunds again.

4 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see an email from Paypal too. Meanwhile, I think the pigs are fuelled and approaching the runway.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like it, questions on original blog post are in review-limbo and probably anyone who don’t want voucher is not going to get their money back.
But now they prob. utilize same technique tan ticketmaster when multiple times moved concert gets cancelled “we cannot track payments back this long perioid of time, if you really need refund you should have call our (charged) support number on day when there is snowing on sahara and same time hot weather on antarctis”
I have no faith to get my refund anymore, but way that communications around topic have handled are poor at best.

1 Like

I am drunk, so please appologize.
But, how many years is this back now ?
7, 10?
I do not recall

I’ve lost some money too.
Just learn to let go

Is helpfull in lot of occasions.
Just let it goooooo

The world is in complete shit, your 500 bucks are now worth 300

I could go on like this forever, cause i m drunk.

Accept it, your money is gone, you are alive, be happy.

Thank you

18 Likes

From children and drunkards, you are told the truth.
Old Swedish? proverb.

5 Likes

…and Leggings. They also speak the truth.

(SCNR)

4 Likes