What went wrong? Why am I not able to flash to the Sailfish OS?

I want to use sailfish os system, so I bought a second hand xperia 10 iii. After purchasing it I unlocked the bootloader with qunlock (which I found out after looking it up), I try to flash it with windows, after I follow the guide and opened “flash-on-windows.bat” this message appeared: “Searching for a compatible device… /The DEVICE this flashing script is meant for WAS NOT FOUND! / This script found following device: product: SOG04”
Any solutions? Or is all my previous efforts are pointless and I could only throw the phone away and buy a new one?

The SOG04 is the Japanese(?) variant of the X10iii.

AFAIK only the XQ-xx models are supported, but I’m not sure.

3 Likes

I dare say there’s a way to manually flash it. Whether it will work is another question.

2 Likes

I too have the same device and am still wondering if I should start. , will it work, etc… but I am still wondering to find a way as the hardware is the same except the SIM situation.
Would love to guided by some one in community to bring Sailfish to life on the device(SOG04)

Thanks in advance.

TECHNICALLY you could edit flashing script (bat file) and remove the check… But it’s unknown whatever Sailfish will flash successfully and run. You could try to run Emma before to check if it detects device and offers firmware to reflash in case Sailfish doesn’t work.

1 Like

It is also NOT listed in the Sony Open Devices program. Not sure the Sony Binaries package is the correct one.

Do we know it has the exact same hardware?

1 Like