[10 II] Selecting text in PDFs is hit-and-miss

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 50-90%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): seems device related

DESCRIPTION:

50+% of the time the text selection doesn’t activate on press-and hold on my Xperia 10 II.
I have 100% success on my 10 (I). Does not seem to be any difference between documents.

It is if the wiggle-room is much much smaller on the 10 II (but i’m still nowhere near activating the scroll).
Using the tip of my finger instead of the front seems to yield slightly better results.

PRECONDITIONS:

Have a 10 II and a PDF file

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open PDF
  2. Press-and-hold to try to enter selection mode

EXPECTED RESULT:

Selection activates

ACTUAL RESULT:

Selection does not activate

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I tried increasing PDF.Selection { wiggle } to Theme.itemSizeSmall from Theme.itemSizeSmall / 2, but it yielded no change in behaviour.

2 Likes

I found a slightly different bug report in our internal tracker. The symptoms are just slightly different, could you check if this is not in fact the same bug as you are seeing? Selecting text the first time works, but the second time does not. i.e. if you select text, clear selection, and select again it fails.

There is a tendency in that direction… But i’m having better luck than that it just stops working after the first time.

I think I’ll just link this bug to that one anyway. That one is easy to reproduce, so chances of getting a fix are higher. And after we get a fix you can then check if it fixes your issue as well.

1 Like

Hmm… I can’t select text in PDF’s at all, on my X10III.