Xperia X: Can no longer launch apps after updating to SFOS 4.0.1.48

Hello,

I have the following problem on my Xperia X after updating to SFOS 4.0.1.48. I can no longer open SFOS programs that require extra confirmation for permissions (Calendar, Phone, Contacts, etc.). After confirming permissions, the appswitcher shows the app window with spinning circle for a short time and then closes. In journal, for example, I get the following messages when starting the calendar:

Feb 22 18:37:29 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2416]: dbus-daemon[2416]: [session uid=100000 pid=2416] Activating service name=‘com.jolla.calendar.ui’ requested by ‘:1.96’ (uid=100000 pid=6782 comm="/usr/libexec/mliteremoteaction com.jolla.calendar.")
Feb 22 18:37:29 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2416]: constructing /run/firejail/mnt/privileged: Accounts,Keys,Calendar,autofill,Contacts,eas-sailfish …
Feb 22 18:37:29 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2416]: mounting /run/firejail/mnt/privileged @ /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged
Feb 22 18:37:29 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2416]: hiding /run/firejail/mnt/privileged
Feb 22 18:37:29 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2416]: Error: invalid whitelist path /home/nemo/android_storage/Pictures
Feb 22 18:37:30 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2416]: Error: proc 4342 cannot sync with peer: unexpected EOF
Feb 22 18:37:30 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2416]: Peer 6791 unexpectedly exited with status 1
Feb 22 18:37:30 Sailfish kernel: SMBCHG: aicl_done_handler: triggered, aicl: 950
Feb 22 18:37:30 Sailfish kernel: SMBCHG: increment_aicl_count: aicl count c:1 dgltch:0 first:110517168
Feb 22 18:37:34 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2416]: invoker: Invoking execution: ‘/usr/bin/sailjail’

The update was completely problem-free and without errors. How can I fix this error?

Thanks, Ronny

Hello,
I suppose your problem is partially covered in the following thread:

Some users report, the problem is caused by using a modified etc/hosts.

After some fiddle I had to reflash my phone to get my xa2 working properly.

Great, thank you, it works. I had several problems on my Xperia.

Ronny

Hi Ronny,
could you pleaase share, how yo solved your issue? I seem to have the same problm (had a custom hosts file and after a reboot the apps do not work - I eveb can’t take a call!)
I already restored the original hosts file and rebooted, but no help. Interestingly, I can open & run the apps from the terminal, but then I do not have any connection with any accounts, meaning, I do not have any contacts, mails and Calendar are completely empty.
I understand that there was an option to modify the desktop files, did that do the trick for you?

thanks
kamarjaeger

Hi kamarjaeger,

no, I had never changed anything on the hosts.

My first problem was the installed package “hebrew-icon-calendar”, which had changed the starter of the calendar.

I also had “/home/xxx/android_storage” defined as a link to the SD card. Funnily enough, this only interfered with the Jolla apps. But I was able to fix this simply by adding an entry in the Android config.

Now I would still be happy if the patch manager would also work again. So I am unfortunately still missing some important things.

Ronny

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)