Xperia 10 V support? Is SFOS to be continued at all?

Yep, im perfectly happy with the X23 … i couple of small things i need to get around to, like vibration, but its toally fine, great battery, rugged (if you like that) and runs waydroid for the odd android app

May I ask you which is the reason that you choose the X23 over the 22/GS5/Rephone for DD? Is it just the rugged quality? Something else?

If there’sone thing I’ve learned from a decade with desktop Linux:

Don’t judge the OS by its forums!

Doomsday talk is always popular.

3 Likes

Jolla is showing an Xperia 10 V with SFOS 4.6.0.403 “Sauna” at FOSDEM in Brussels

26 Likes

inb4 people actually run out to buy X 10 V, pretty sure it’s a joke
Edit: nvm it’s real, time to run

3 Likes

This “refactoring project”, what is it and where is it being discussed because I can’t seem to find any mention of it in the forums beyond this post?

[Edit] Nevermind, found it…

3 Likes

well ‘Sauna’ definitely is

1 Like

I have to admit, it sounds like a joke, but …

15 Likes

Still I don’t understand why the ‘Sauna’ code name
Oh well

1 Like

Welp, it’s real

13 Likes

Okay… Xperia 10 IV they have skipped…

1 Like

Supposedly runs with exactly same issues as the V (there are still some kinks with android app connectivity etc), so there’s a chance both will be supported, but of course nothing official, as always, wouldn’t throw away the IV just yet

1 Like

I cant stand the HW situation on SFOS. :disappointed:

4 Likes

GitHub - mer-hybris/droid-hal-sony-murray I would not say they skipped it. They just demoed an even newer device. My predictionhope is that they release both at the same time.

13 Likes

great news, even if the 10v is rather unexciting hardware for a current 10iii owner.

will probably buy a licence, but whether i use it or not might depend on how exiting the 10vi is when it launches Q3 this year…

i really would like usb3 back on sony midrange devices, and having a higher refresh oled would be nice at this pricepoint.

3 Likes

It’s true but the battery life should be better if the issues currently 10III has are resolved and again stereo loudspeakers make the 10V an interesting choice which is still available in stores.

2 Likes

i appreciate that it may be a different calculation for others, but i don’t need hi fidelity music audio from phone speakers, certainly not as much as I appreciate fast usb transfer.

2 Likes

Sauna is still culture heritage item:
https://www.museovirasto.fi/en/articles/sauna-culture-intangible-cultural-heritage but intangible

We didnt have update picture in the software yet.

11 Likes

Don’t bring a towel (20)

From a quick look you also get 48mp camera(?) vs 12 (but that’s doubtful as always with cameras on sfos, at least in theory), 10g less weight, bit bigger screen, plastic(is that a plus?) finish, bump in battery capacity and tiny cpu clock upgrade… Worth it, probably not, but that’s a complaint that should be lodged at sony anyway, still available device to buy is what counts really

1 Like