Will Mind2 be enjoyable with 100% privacy approach?

I’m not getting my news or relevant political/historical/societal facts from next-word-predictor AI (e.g. ChatGPT), which as we all should know can hallucinate and are also heavily biased towards western hegemony and in other ways IMO.

What you’re talking about is not a problem of AI in general. It’s a matter of media competence.

No, it’s a problem of just getting facts from pre-approved source, where ‘experts’ vow to be right, you will not get any new knowledge with aether KB, why even query it lol

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why i don’t. :sweat_smile:

Edit: You mentioned whisper. If i’m not mistaken, this is only speech recognition and therefore only part of the heavy lifting an AI assistant needs to do. From mind 2 i expect an SDK with a more complete AI framework.

Whisper is stt (with translation to english for free) from like 50+ languages, I’m sure there are open tts’s with similar results? Not sure, check out speech note on openrepos it uses a lot of different backends, so some might be two way, and again for M2 details, sell your soul and phone number to discord

“I’m sure there are open tts’s with similar results?”

Last time I checked, around 3 or 4 years ago on Nvidia Xavier AGX (with >30 TOPS vs. 6 TOPS of Mind2 :joy:), they were so slow i didn’t want to pursue it further. Quality was acceptable.

Discord only has my email? Do they force mobile accounts now?

No clue, keep us posted

I would assume language models were a lot less efficient those “3 or 4 years ago”, so you probably need a lot less computational power to achieve the same result nowadays.

And Discord doesn’t necessarily require a phone number, only when certain “anti-bot” measures are being triggered due to certain markers being deemed (too) suspicious, from my experience.

1 Like

I’m hoping for the same, but I would like to see some more hard facts before I decide to contribute (via pre-order) to the project.