What Sailfish X device has best support GPS?

Hi all!

After last update (4.1.0.24) GPS stopped working again on my Sony XA2. I am desperate to fix this device and want to buy another. What Sony device i need for gps work?

Hi!
Have you looked at GPS stopped working?

GPS works satisfiable on my Sony Xperia 10 / SFOS 4.1.0.24. But not as good as e.g. a Garmin or other professional GPS does. Also the compass works not very good and has to be new calibrated after each turn-on.

Yep. Before last update i have used this settings successfully. Now it does not work.

I’ve experienced quite a lot of issues with slow or unreliable GPS on my Xperia XA2 Plus that now seem to be all gone on my Xperia 10 II.
I’m getting an initial fix in under 7 seconds, indoors, after the phone has not been used for maybe 8 hours.
After that it takes about 2 seconds for an initial fix when I start up Pure Maps.

This is orders of magnitude faster than my XA2 Plus has managed to do on it’s best days.

1 Like

My experiences are similar.

Xperia 10ii: last time Here got proper location after one minute indoors. Usually outdoors it takes less than 5 seconds.

With XA2 if the device got fix it was hours too late for anything useful. XA2 only worked fine when AGPS was enabled.

I’m happy with 10ii location.

2 Likes