What device would you get?

At least there several reverse engineered tidal apis to be found on github.

1 Like

Sounds like my first SFOSproject (and first project after “Hello world” on my Schneider CPC464 at all) :rofl: ?

1 Like

It’s becoming OT: but I would love having a native SFOS Tidal app! (Android Tidal is running fine with App Support though)

No, there is also this SIM issue.
Or? Dont’ tell me I am really the only one and alone wirh this double SIM having to reboot [random number in a range of 2 to 6] times to have both working :smiling_face_with_tear: :yum:

1 Like

Waydroid works on the GS5, normally.
Needs some attemps to start sometimes though.

2 Likes

I was some years ago experimenting with a tidal app for sailfish:

However, I had/have too much more relevant stuff to do and I was not really interested in following this project for me alone.

But maybe, this project can be brought back to live in some way. I would be happy to see tidal support on sailfish :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, with one SIM (the diff, I think), I just remember to toggle PIN on/off and shut settings before reboot or shutdown. Just comes up. It’s strange, but it works, at least with one SIM on GS5 and rephone.

1 Like

Interesting. Will have a look.

I have to admit I’ve been more keen about a bandcamp app (have a rough mock up) since I listen to a lot of indie stuff on bandcamp, but I’ll have a look!

For those who don’t know it, have a look @cypherpunks media explorer on open repos or chum.

4 Likes

Did you reverse the api or find documentation. on the website I found no developer facing docs?

I am using GitHub - tamland/python-tidal: Python API for TIDAL music streaming service - the api itself works nicely (or worked, I am not up-to-date …)

With some updated login procedure, I was unable to follow the C++ way, at least thought. And on the other side, I am not good in writing python code, although now I am more experienced than back then. So, I could get back into it … some day.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll have a look at those. Python in C++. Hmmm. Could be funny!

1 Like

Many thanx for the link to the RePhone image;
unfortunately, I am not familiar with this site, so I am not able to find the image nor any guide / direction to download it (sorry for that).
…any hint to proceed, please?
thank you in advance :^)

1 Like

Should we open another thread about this?

As @JoOppen correctly admonished (especially me, I think), the topic is of course OT here. But since Tidal is one of the loopholes that keep me from abandoning waydroid/AppSupport, I’d like to pursue the topic.

1 Like
4 Likes

Doing a short write up here: Volla Installation guide

3 Likes

I would kill for a native bandcamp app

Seen mkiol made bandcamp support for jupii, so asked him if it would be possible to make a bandcamp app, but unfortunately he’s not interested (understandable eh)

But since most of my music is from bandcamp, i would love it…

1 Like

youtube-dl and yt-dlp support bandcamp links.
So you can use one of the existing solutions around media playback with these utilities on SFOS.

1 Like

Sorry to be thick, but you mean like Vodman | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System for downloads?

Pretty sure yes, theres also streamlink (GitHub - streamlink/streamlink: Streamlink is a CLI utility which pipes video streams from various services into a video player) for video streaming services like twitch, but that now works reliably in the browser, these tools seem mostly useful when browser ages (or for downloading etc I guess)

1 Like

This is nice, but a bandcamp app would still be better, so i can download and stream my own files instead of some generic ones, and anyway, to have a gui mainly :slight_smile:

Edit: tried vodman and does not work…