Unable to deploy to phone: 'Xperia XA2 WIFI - Dual SIM (ARM)' is not a known device

I’m not using Docker, I’m using Virtual box. The key name and location were just the default. I didn’t choose anything other than to create one ~/.ssh/qtc_id

Just give a different name for the new key: in the SSK Key Configuration dialog (the one which opens after clicking “Create New Key Pair”), click “Browse”, and write a different name there.

I have purged the keys from my computer and my device, created new keys and deployed them successfully, and even the connection test works fine (as does ssh from command line), but I still can’t deploy any apps to my bloody device :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What did I miss? It used to work at least a few SDK releases back…

That does make a new key.
tldr: didn’t help, waiting to see if the next release works…

Some notes: The upload key button is not ungreyed after making the new key like it should be.
Note that upload only works if I have manually ssh’d in first - The dialog should say this, and tell you how

ssh nemo@192.168.1.74

The new key file tests OK

ssh -i .ssh/xa_id nemo@192.168.1.74

I then rename the new device configuration from “Xperia XA2 WIFI - Dual SIM (ARM)2” to “Xperia XA2 - WIFI”
and finish the new device.

I go to projects and select the RUN configuration, and change the run configuration to add the new device. Except it is showing the before-edited device name “Xperia XA2 WIFI - Dual SIM (ARM)2” , so I select that.

I try to run. Then I see in compile log window, that deploy.cmd was called with the previous device “Xperia XA2 WIFI - Dual SIM (ARM)” which I have already deleted.

I have to go back a forth a couple of times until everything is showing the new name correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for digging that much out. I’ll test the behavior, too.