Testing CLAT for IPv6-only mobile networks

Thank you for the feedback. I’d be interested to see the logs of such case, limited connection means that online check did not succeed and that part is not touched with these changes. In addition to the aforementioned files put to /etc/sysconfig/connman in this case it would be beneficial to add -d plugins/sailfish_ofono.c as well. There can be a plethora of reasons for the mobile data staying on limited connection state so it is a bit hard to guess without seeing some logs.

EDIT: src/sailfish_ofono.c → plugins/sailfish_ofono.c

1 Like

Thank you! All seems well there according to the logs but there is always a room for improvement. And further internal testing showed some other issues as well. We’ve made a new version that is later today /tomorrow available on the same repository.

2 Likes

1.32+git193.25 should now be available on the community OBS for update

3 Likes

Couldn’t test hotspot yet, but everything else seems to work. Thanks.

Update: Hotspot works.
Update2:18hours later, it is still working.

1 Like

Tried it today with the new version and it works so far, at least I can get hotspot to run after a reboot

1 Like

A day later and it doesn’t work again. Restarting multiple times didn’t help either😩

I have installed the patch on my phone, and it fixes my issue with hotspot. With the 4.5 update, my 4g was a bit spotty will on the road. I will report back if it fixes this issue too.

I case it could help here is my configuration

Phone Xperia 10 II
Provider RED by SFR
SIM in the first slot

1 Like

There might also be something going on with the WLAN adapter. That case is hard to reproduce but when it happens it sometimes has reproduced even after reboot. So in such case when tethering does not work could you try just simply try if the device connects to any WLAN, if not, power toggle WLAN and if that does not help use toggle flight mode on-off once. If you wish to send logs from journal: journalctl -b|grep -i wlan to the connman-debug@jolla.com

for those who upgraded to 4.5.0.18, the repo will be disabled as part of the upgrade.

In order to have tethering work again with connman version from Andrew’s repo, do (as devel-su):

• version --dup
  • reboot your phone
  • systemctl restart connman

I just did that on my carrier (Orange France) and it works again.

2 Likes

I just sent the email and I hope you can do something with it.

Thank you. Unfortunately that log did not really reveal anything :(. Will just have to try to reproduce the WLAN issues by myself next week. However, I did a fix to address the IPv6 address neighbour solicitation issue (DAD) which may have caused odd issues after a while. Android clat states that:

Apparently some network gear will refuse to perform NS for IPs that aren’t DAD’ed, this would then result in an ipv6-only network with working native ipv6, working IPv4 via DNS64, but non-functioning IPv4 via CLAT (ie. IPv4 literals + IPv4 only apps).

So before the fix DAD was unfortunately done only once. Now it, with 1.32+git193.27 repeats it. It will be available later today/during weekend on the repo.

2 Likes

1.32+git193.27 now build on OBS!

3 Likes

I updated it but still have no hotspot. Now I even have the error with the hotspot like back then with 4.4 that my Steam Deck simply goes out when connecting

What do you mean by ‘goes out’? The connection attempt stops, the Steam Deck turns off, or something else?

That it’s turn off?
If it was wrong English, it’s because of the Google translator

No problem with the translator, I just want to get a more definite description of what your Steam Deck was/is doing. Does its network disable itself, or reboot, or does the network fail to connect, or seem connected but there’s no internet?

Oh okay.
It just goes off completely.
So far it has only happened to me when establishing a connection to the 10 III hotspot. Was like that before the patch and with the current patch it happened again during testing

If the connection works, I have no internet. But then it is the same for other devices.
So far it has worked once after installing or updating and I then also had internet. Only with the current patch did that no longer work and I have this error as before

With this build the clat interface died 2 or 3 times for me. Restarting connman.service brought it back to life.

If either of your could take some logs using the instructions above, we’d stand a better chance of seeing what’s going on.

Ouch. I’d also like to know if mere on/off for the mobile data would suffice or was the restart absolutely necessary to get CLAT interface back?