Stopmotion thread

They can, just PM-me in which chemney the bart guy has to throw them (relay shop, post office or personal address if you dare…)
:wink:

Niiice!
I’ll try asap.

I like the idea your daughter is using SFOS on XA2 :smiley: just lovely
and thank to poetaster for his work on this app

3 Likes

[OT]
Yeah, I even thought to teach her using terminal (or qcommand) to convert the pics or the movie.
But as I don’t want to heat “meuufh, ti’s simpler on my friend’s phone”, I target an easy-as-somewhere-else solution.
[/OT]

Ok, the ffmpeg fix and the ‘Add last series’ (pulldown on the slideshow page) have been added. I also made the selection for the shutter interval a slider to give you a wider range of options.

I still need to think about how to do ‘latch’ recording, since a number of things are semi-automatic. Among other things, as it is now, when you stop recording, the series name is ‘incremented’ (so series0 becomes series1) since that was important to me at the time. That means, if you want to load the ‘last’ series into the slideshow, you need to make sure the number is set back before going to slide show.

Releases · poetaster/harbour-stopmotion · GitHub &
Stopmotion | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System are up-to-date. Coming to chum, too.

[OT]
Yes, I tried to SFOSize with both children.
But the tall one cracked under the social pressure (and TBH app compatibility) and took an Ithing.
[/OT]

1 Like

My son (11) is a games junky. I never had a chance. He has an android. I did try. The first phone he had was my old Jolla. But, all his buddies play games, too, so I’m outta luck.

I’m going to add a couple of options to Videoworks which will also let you make slide shows (EDIT) faster. The idea is then you can also make scenes in videoworks after shooting, string a number of series together, etc. You can do that all ‘now’, but Videoworks is still limited to 1 sec per frame for slideshows, cause.

:ok_hand: :+1: :heart: That’s brilliant!
One more reason to re-read the message # 21 :–)

Copy, paste. Same :frowning:

Hmm… Another solution would be to make normal pics at one’s own rhythm, and use Stopmotion to assemble pics.
But this would call for a way to select multiple pics easily (click on the first, click on the last) to avoid clicking 1000 times…

If you just use the camera, it uses as date string like, 20231201_xxxxxx.jpg … so, you can specify the path (choose Camera in Pictures) and use the date your recorded on as ‘series’ name. So 20231201 will be used to filter for ‘20231201*.jpg’ and there you go.

I’ll get back to latching after xmas.

1 Like

And, since I noticed something that bothers me:
version 0.4.5 includes a toggle between single snap and at intervals. Out on github, openrepos and coming to a chum near you. Ho, ho, ho.

Prima, super, brilliant!
Ask a G dev or an I dev to fix a bug in an app and have a reply on the same day, go figure!
We can say this or that, but the luck we have with such ecosystems, human sized, open and driven by motivation and ideals, this luck is incomparable.

Tested. Perfectly useable:

• Movie generation/playing works.
  • Series number incrementation works.
  • You’re right, manual pics selection with filename way is ok.

But as in all new projects, perfection always moves away as we go forward, slipping like a soap…:

• It would be clearer for users to see a spinner or something during the video generation.
  • Last series auto-selection only works for ‘series0’. With further series, no file is coming. No error message. Smells like a small syntax/variable error…

But first, enjoy Christmas/holidays/family/friends.
Have fun, thanks again!

Edit: Tested on XA2 .24

1. I’ll add a ticket.
  2. You have to edit the field. So, if you left it series0, make sure it’s series0. If you entered Foo, it’ll still get auto-updated to ‘series1’. So you have to edit it back to Foo. It’s a limitation at the moment. But it works.

EDIT: And merry x-mas to you and yours!!!

1 Like