Sharing from Gallery not possible (Solved. Ghostcloud uninstalled)

REPRODUCIBILITY (100% or how often):
BUILD ID: 3.3.0.16
HARDWARE (XA2 DUAL SIM (only 1 SIM used)):
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release:

DESCRIPTION:

If I use the share icon or the sub menu “share” in documents then a empty screen opened (no possiblity to share anything).

PRECONDITIONS:

It might be happened at update to Rokua (3.3.0.16)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open Galery or other app
  2. Try to share (with icon or submenu)
  3. An empty Screen is visible

EXPECTED RESULT:

Bluetooth
… (other apps)

ACTUAL RESULT:

empty screen

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Do you happen to have any apps installed that provide a sharing plug-in? For example Ghostcloud creates issues with sharing.
Secondly: do you see the sharing options for other apps like Documents or Notes?

2 Likes

Works for me…

Works for me as well. :wink:

But this

is most probably the cause. Search on TJC and you will find that mentioned there.

1 Like

Thank you for the posts, the problem is solved by deinstallation of ghostcloud (the daemon was not installed). The Email functionality is also improved (the syncronisation of inbox or others boxes is much mor quicker) .

Great to hear ! By the way: You can keep using Ghostcloud itself. The sharing plugin comes with the additionals package so uninstalling this suffices to fix sharing.

And if you want to, change the title of your topic to include ‘[Solved]’.

1 Like

@thahne: the plugin to mark posts as solution is enabled now. You should be able to select an answer

Hopping on this thread:

Is it really a solution when it means no automatic upload of photos to Nextcloud?

How do you auto upload phone content to Nextcloud if you don’t use Ghostcloud?

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was about the sharing functionality not working (because the outdated sharing engine of GhostCloud breaks things).
what you’re asking for is automatic synchronization, which unfortunately is not part of SailfishOS’s Nextcloud integration, yet.
See this topic for example. You can search the forums a bit, there should be some feature request that you can upvote

As a side note: There’s a certain ‘confusabilty’ involved here regarding sharing files with Nextcloud. See more about that here: Sharing concepts: SFOS vs. cloud accounts

Thank you. You’re right, the topic was that.

I just deemed the solution unsatisfactory since it breaks another part of the user experience.

It seems to be possible to remove Ghostcloud’s old sharing plugin, though.

"You have to remove owncloud plugin in

/usr/lib/nemo-transferengine/plugins/.

After that, share options in gallery will be back."