Saving ownKeepass

Excellent, it seems the original topic now has git its solution, and it’s excatly what OBS/Chum appears to be about.

Thanks to all involved!

Thanks for the work @rinigus (and others!). At the moment I’m on GrapheneOS (I switch between SFOS and degoogled Android every 6 months or so, I’ll be back :wink: ) so I haven’t followed: can I remove my ownKeepass repo from OpenRepos now?

Maybe you should keep it for a bit. We don’t have yet Chum and OpenRepos integration ready and some would prefer to install via OpenRepos from your build.

Alright, will do!

@rinigus I apologize if you’ve already answered in the discussion as I was unable to find it: do you intend to also restart publishing ownKeepass in OpenRepos (or Jolla Store) and how can we help you do so?

No, I don’t have intention for publishing it outside Chum repos. If we get OpenRepos / Chum integration working, it should be made available at OpenRepos automatically then.

But note that I am not really considering myself as ownKeepass maintainer either. I adjusted packaging scripts to make it build at OBS, but nothing further.

Good to know, thank you. Also, it makes no difference to me whether it’s manual or automatic so I hope this integration isn’t hard to add.

1 Like

You could follow it here: OpenRepos and Chum integration

Is there a workaround or some fix to make ownKeepass access SD-card? As I’m not a developer I really need help with this.

1 Like

And another question (i’m not a developper also) : this app does not receive evolutions or corrections since more 2 years. Is it always safe or is it better to use the android app keepassDX ?

I don’t have a working SD-card right now so I can’t test this, but I believe creating a symlink in $HOME (or in any accessible location) to your SD-card could be a workaround. I’m going to buy a new SD-card today, so I’ll be able to verify this later tonight.

2 Likes

It does work, 100%ly. I do that for the Music folder.

No, the format is still kbdx4 and hasn’t changed, so the except for bugs & features keepassxc on other platforms isn’t better.

Thanks @tuplasuhveli, it worked perfect.

1 Like