Sailotp export file is not written

REPRODUCIBILITY: allways
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.58
HARDWARE: sony xpweria 10 plus dual sim
UI LANGUAGE: en
REGRESSION:
Sailotp version 1.9.4

DESCRIPTION:

After giving twice correct password then exporting all keys, no file ist to be found in the file given in the export panel

PRECONDITIONS:

having some different identities in the app I suppose. My is filled

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. try to

EXPECTED RESULT:

an encrypted export file in ~

ACTUAL RESULT:

nothing

MODIFICATIONS:

NONE

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

very annoying not being able to backup such a relevant security feature

This forum category isn’t really for bug-reporting apps, although arguably the OS has a role here.
~ is now off-limits to jailed apps (and that is the default in 4.4) - is that what you are experiencing?
I.e. if you put it in Documents, does it work?

I changed to a more appropriate category.

probably caused by SailJail

This made the trick.
It works.
Thanks a lot
have a very succesfull day

ced

as Attah pinpointed SailJail is the “bad_guy”
just save it under Documents and voila it works

cheers

Pull-request sent to author

Alternative to saving inside Documents/ is starting harbour-sailotp on the command line, outside of SailJail.

4 Likes

Today I submitted a new version 1.10.0 to Harbour and OpenRepos containing @DrYak`s fix. The new Version should now work as expected again.

1 Like

I had this problem as well. Exporting under Documents did the trick. (I was probably using an older version here)

But a similar problem happened when trying to import the file on a new device with SailOTP version 1.10.1 installed from Jolla Store: I entered the path correctly (the file was under /home/defaultuser) but SailOTP claimed that the file didn’t exist. After some head-scratching I moved the file under Documents and then I was able to import it from there.

Still experiencing the same issue. Using version 1.11.1 on SFOS 4.5.0.21.
SailOTP says the database is written ok, even that I am overwriting the file if I try it again. But I can’t find it anywhere in /home/defaultuser/.

Saving to /home/defaultuser/documents does work as workaround.

must be because of SailJail

It’s not going to change. The home directory itself is now off-limits as per previous replies.

Bug is then that SailOTP says all is well while it isn’t :unamused:.

Changing default save location would save a lot of issues for people ;-).

1 Like

For better or worse, applications getting a private bare-bones throwaway, writeable, copy is how it works. That too will not change.

Take that up with the maintainet of the app then.