Sailfish in the USA

what Mms patches. Can you point out where to get these patches? Thanks

Wait a tick … you cant post something juicy like that about the NSA and not elaborate.

please fill us in. Why would a 3 letter agency care about what we change on our phones??

ok…i just read up on this… you learn something new each day … Can the IMEI Number Be Changed? How to Do it in 2022? - Wear To Track

Gosh so many ways we are tracked…its quite sickening …thanks for the heads up on this. It may be time to just 86 all cell phones and go back to land line.

1 Like

yeah except all land lines are now voip anyway. i tried to get the phone company to work with our copper wire in the home - no dice.

Mesh networking via cube sats, anyone? (only sort of joking)

Soon, with the collaboration of unmaintained, a major update to S1P will be coming out to help with the problem. New features include operation as a daemon (so calls can be received anytime the phone it booted and lipstick is running), registration persistence controls, decoupled UI, better contacts support, early G722.1 codec, L16 codec, network change detection and registration, SIP over tunnel, early SRTP and TLS, TCP mode, early SMS/MMS messaging, UI improvements, independent controls for plugged headset. After that will come G722.2 codec, hooking into the SFOs phone UI (similar to yotogram), graphical logging and provider services available over SIP. IAX2 won’t be supported, most likely unless someone wants to write that module.

Around the same time, I may consider release some of my SFOs patches for animated themes, squared and tight UI elements (like Windows Phone), network connection persistence and resolution, camera functionality, Windows Phone like volume controls, animated gifs and webm in gallery and so on if there’s interest. I don’t use patch manager though- I quite literally patch the OS at build time. Zero interest in building a million packages. I should also add I only develop and test on the XA2 Ultra, 10 ii and Lumia 950XL.

6 Likes

IAX2 is really nice for NAT traversal but I think nowadays hardly anyone uses it. I remember like 15 years ago there were even some cheap Chinese phones that supported IAX natively.
But the software s1p is derived from actually does support IAX2 so one would not have to start from scratch to add this functionality to s1p. It’s probably not worth the effort, though.

For some reason, MMS/picture messaging doesn’t seem to work unless you first provision the phone with its native android, send and receive such messages, and then switch to Sailfish.

I guess much like Blackberry 10, my time with an alternative OS is over. It was a fun ride at least.

Unfortunately it does seem that way. We’re about 3 months away from the US being a VoLTE only/5G cell service country…but apparently other western european countries are going that direction as well, Switzerland for one.

I’m considering flashing my 10 plus to SFOS again, pulling the sim card and putting it in a feature phone and simply using the 10 plus as a Wifi Only device.

Do any other US Sailors have a working 10iii?

According to Kimovil (Will Sony Xperia 10 III work in USA?) the 10iii is technically compatible with two 5G bands (N77 and N78) on AT&T and on Verizon. Sony’s 10iii is not on the AT&T whitelist though, and I know we are supposed to avoid Verizon due to old CDMA network issues.

Am gonna try a manual SFOS build and would like to know how or if others have made out.

2 Likes

Right… USA trip coming up in 2 weeks. Would really like to know what’s up with X10 III, also now that VoLTE beta is out.

2 Likes

Does SFOS actually support 5G on the Xperia 10 III at all or is this a Nimitz Class aircraft carrier sized elephant in the room that nobody dares to ask about on this forum? :grin:

According to my quick testing (and a few other answers on the forum) the answer seems to be no :frowning: I have no clue how much work it requires on top of VoLTE…

1 Like

I have to admit I like mixing my metaphors as much as the next guy, but in this forum I don’t think people mince words when it comes to these questions.

1 Like

Funny thing, I’ve spotted that particular aircraft carrier sized elephant in the forums these past few days. Funny how no one mentioned it before…. ::smh::

1 Like

I wonder why nobody at Jolla cared to inform us over all these months that 5G may not be available on a 5G phone after you install SFOS.
I can’t find any official statement about missing 5G anywhere. I guess it’s apparently just such an insignificant feature nobody would care about it anyway, to the point it was not even worth mentioning it at all, while they write about such essential things like some cameras not being supported, etc.

3 Likes

Opened a post about it here: Xperia 10 III support - #159 by cyberlyra. Interested to see the response.

Hm, I put my T-Mobile SIM into the 10 iii with stock Android 12, and my network scanner reported I was successfully on 4G VoLTE. Should I have expected differently, or be testing something else?

1 Like

You should be able to test if the phone is really sing VoLTE if the connection is not dropping to 3G when you’re making a voice call. Plus mobile data should be still working while you’re in a call.

1 Like

@lkraav 4G VoLTE beta works on TMobile USA. Have a great trip!

13 Likes

Cool. Now volte needs to roll out to more devices.

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t think if the importance of this find can be overstated. There have been multiple threads going on for months speculating about this very topic.

3 Likes