Sailfish Community News, 18th April 2024 - Xperia 10 IV & V

oh wow that’s news! The Jolla C is now in unsupported devices btw :frowning:

i have a question that i don’t see the answer to. since 10 IV + V will be available without commercial features, does that mean we will not be able to purchase a license for those devices? will it only be available in the free-trial downloads until app-support is available?

What I understood was: Jollyboys are not satisfied with the blob from Sony to build SailfishOS upon, and that SFOS will be published in a beta stage for the IV and V.
I trust they will work towards a fully supported phone, including paid license for AAS. (I already bought a second hand V, which fuels my hope.)

1 Like

It will be like back then with the XA2. The full commercial version came later

My #1 hope with Xperia IV/V is that under SailfishOS the battery consumption could be finally on par with Android.
I have an Xperia 10 III that I really wanted to use with SFOS but in almost idle state the battery lasts just for a couple of days (even without the problematic 4G), while under Android easily gets to a week.
If that’s can be done, I’m willing to compromise with late AppSupport and delays on the s/w development by Jollyboys, but the basic h/w features have to be working from day 1.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see that happening mate.

1 Like

This is so great! I’m thrilled to hear more Xperias will be supported, in addition to the terrific work from the ports community. Thank you, all, for giving us more options :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.