Sailfish Community News, 10th October 2024 - Factory Visit

@rainemak
thanks for these very good news

will the following points, in version 5, on an XA2 be solved after so many years

very, sometimes very very, long (up to a few hours) to get a fix with GPS?
will the compass will work (it never did)?

what about the request to reenter the password for an email account
in addition i discovered recently that this request was displayed while the account could still receive email!!

1 Like

I don’t remember last time I was this excited for a new device. Looking forward to get my hands on C2.

5 Likes

Aren’t we all…? :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you for reviewing Expenditure! :slight_smile: I just released v1.1.0 which fixes a corner case issue with the database when updating from v0.3 to v1.x.x. It could make it look like your data was lost, but the database should be fine. The new version is still pending review in the official store but you can get it from OpenRepos and Github.

2 Likes

So nice to see the phone with jolla name on it (instead of sony).

10 Likes

Tetris

… a metaphor for life:
Mistakes accumulate, while successes disappear.

11 Likes

Well, I not quite. (20 chars)

Exceptions are allowed… so far.

I’ve ceased being one of those even in my own mind :slight_smile: Thanks for taking the time to come the Hackathon! It was a pleasure to see you and I know you almost immediately made contributions and provided clarification for hacks taking place! I certainly don’t take if for granted that you came by when so busy with the C2 production work!

As for Tooterβ I’m going to take it out of beta once I finally get to:

• edit toots
  • ALT tags for media
  • duplicate entries in conversations/replies

And thanks for mentioning Solver! Much of the backend is still from Roberto Coistete Jr. and the development was surely accelerated by @nephros having already done packaging of sympy & co. on obs.

7 Likes

I’d like to amend that. … while success erodes that accumulation.

Helpless optimist here.

2 Likes

XA2 has a hardware weakness regarding GPS.
With calm and time, you can fix it, if you like.
I have fixed several XA2.
Look here for some inspiration.

@ric9k
thanks for the infos
i am afraid my ageing eyes and hand skills are not any more able to do that sort of tasks
which really annoying is the lack of statement from jolla about this GPS behavior

If I recall corectly, people from Jolla weren’t able to reproduce these issue.
If they’d had XA2s in good condition, they’d easily have missed the problem.

11 posts were split to a new topic: Taking over apps in Harbour

Maybe create an ‘archive’ or ‘museum’ section.

1 Like

I like that idea … ‘The Museum Of Forgotten Apps’. You could have different sections - the Graveyard for those apps that will never work again, the Mortuary for those that still sort of work on ‘dead’ old devices, and the Hospital for those being revived by the likes of @poetaster to live another day.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Or just show compatible Apps for your device would also help.

I second that, it would be great to filter for apps relevant for the corresponding architecture. Sometimes in Storeman apps for armv7hl are listed but not installable in aarch64 devices

1 Like

Does this mean this device will be available in Turkey? Getting Linux phones in here is pretty hard, and having this device available to purchase would be great.

1 Like