[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

The 10 II doesn’t have an FM radio. Double-tap wakeup doesn’t work on my phone. The three front cameras work, but only separately (no HDR). No direct experience with RTC alarms but I read they don’t work.

I wonder if it’s only for you or anybody.

Double tap wake up doesn’t work on Xperia 10 and Volla phone. Should it? I checked in ‘Settings’ and found nothing related to wake up on double tap.

I’ve never found double tap to wake ever worked on the XA2 or the X10 III now.

I tried double-tap to wake on my Xperia 10 II with android, and couldn’t get it to work. And I looked really hard at the settings to find out how to enable it and found nothing. My conclusion was it either didn’t exist or was so well hidden as to be unavailable to non-wizard level users.

Additionally, I never found anything under Android to allow stereo sound, but to my very pleasant surprise, audio playback sounded great “out of the box” under SFOS! First youtube video I played was rendered in fabulous technicolor and stereophonic sound – if I may plagiarize 1950s Cole Porter.

double-tap doesn’t exist on Xperia 10 models

1 Like

well tbh I don’t care much about double tap, even simple swipe to wake would be enough. But RTC Alarms should already work imo.

Isn’t it better to power off the touchscreen when phone is idle, for saving battery ? Doesn’t the touchscreen have to be powered on for wake up on swipe?

@lolek Wouldn’t swipe cause accidental wakes, so isn’t double tap more reliable?

@Seven.of.nine Battery consume has never been an issue with Jolla 1’s double tap feature, so i guess it wouldn’t be with swipe either. (Or would it, i don’t know.)

Double tap was a nice feature with Jolla 1, but i haven’t missed it since with fingerprint sensor (two presses and viola.)

And don’t get me wrong. I don’t want to seem like a Debbie Downer and just shoot your ideas down. Keep them coming anyway.

when using BBOS10 there was swipe to show the screen. Yeah there was some accidental wakes but I didn’t care, the battery life wasn’t affected so much that I would bother. And tbh I found double tap to wake awkward.
But I saw that Motorola is using motion detection. When you lay down phone on a table then it’s enough to even tap the table and the phone will light up.
I was actually to make some software for jolla that will allow to add some extra gestures but I’m stuck and it seems no one is willing to help:

Anyway I’d like to have anything that would allow me to easily wake up phone without pressing the power button or swiping the fingerprint. Something as easy as: swpie the screen, double tap it (even that I don’t like it), or motion detection. It could even use proximity sensor plus accelerometer i.e. when screen is off check proximity swipe if it’s on then check accelerometer if phone is laying down - turn on screen for a 5-10 secs whatever.

There’s now a new binary release for Xperia 10 III, but it’s Android 12, so I assume it’s really incompatible with Sailfish 4.4.0…

1 Like

Ideally the wake signal is generated in hardware, and I think this is what differentiates screen digitizers in phones that offer 2t2w vs not, or motorola’s solution you mention with motion, over software wake listening, which means actually having a process running to wait for the accelerometer to nudge.

1 Like

well ok, still I should be able to monitor accel from the c++. While right now it’s not working at all and suing qml is not a solution cause I’d like this to work totally as a system service and correct me if I’m wrong but with qml that’s not possible.

Yes, Sony’s Android 12 aosp binary blobs are incompatible with Xperia 10 III Sailfish OS image. You must still extract Android 11 lena blobs to the same folder where you extracted Xperia 10 III Sailfish OS image like said in the installation instructions. It must be done like this even if you updated your device to Android 12 before you started flashing Sailfish OS.

See also Android 12 thread.

5 Likes

The quick tutorial at first launch still explains that it switches between camera and video modes (in 4.4.0.68).

No, doesn’t exist. (20 chars)

EDIT: yes, I was supposed to put this to 4.4.0.72 thread. I will leave this here for my self-humiliation :man_facepalming:

Thanks you developers for the update! After month of everyday usage (on xperia 10 III) I’m been very satisfied. Biggest improvement for me has been the solution for Office365 and Oauth - I mean, I wish I could go without it but unfortunately I have to live with the choices of other parties.

I’ve been pretty satisfied with the web browsers current state as well, I used to prefer Mobile Firefox (android), but I haven’t really used it at all recently. There’s still few UI quirks like difficulty to open links to a new tab and copying text from a webpage; I think the long press is quite sensitive to finger movement, so the long press won’t register if there’s a slight (but mostly expected) slip or budge.

1 Like

4.4.0.64 was released in March.

1 Like

Thanks for feedback :slight_smile: I’m not a dev, but as user I can say, 4.4.0.72 is an extra bit better, and for the long tap issue I suggest to use a stylus instead of the finger. This also gives you more precicion on tapping and the movement while holding is automatically less than with finger.

2 Likes

#"#%"#, aw man, wrong thread :rofl: :crazy_face:

1 Like