[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

Another workaround: reencode your alarm sound with several sound volumes and choose the appropriate one depending of the context.
But yeah, time… A system setting for alarm volume would be better.

2 Likes

https://openrepos.net/content/slava/alerts

7 Likes

Oh, really! :astonished:
Edit: Sorry, I mis-phrased my original comment, which is rectified now. Still (as always in such a situation) …

RTFM, here or here.
Thanks!

28 posts were split to a new topic: Advanced Mobile Location (AML) in Vanha Rauma 4.4.0

I am getting an impression that the upgraded Browser is either leaking memory or using it very heavily. After watching a couple YouTube videos (only 1-2 tabs running in total) I often see RAM usage going up to 90% (and other apps start unloading). When I close the Browser the RAM usage drops back to 20-30%, and restarting the Browser gets it up to around 60-70%. At first, but it steadily grows until again other apps get kicked out. This didn’t happen on earlier versions (at least not as easily as it happens now).

3 Likes

The Advanced Mobile Location (AML) topic was generating a lot of discussion, so on @nephros’s request we’ve moved it to its own thread. Please continue the discussion on this topic there:

12 Likes

Reading the blog about the release its nice to see the date scroller for the gallery. I seem to recall someone -from the community- in the forums or on an IRC meeting had suggested it.

And the camera UI improvements.

3 Likes

The link in the “The blog about Vanha Rauma” still points to broken url “https://blog.jolla.com/vanharauma/

The working URL is: Sailfish OS Vanha Rauma brings in several new features and improvements | Jolla Blog

3 Likes

Sailfish Browser cannot load internet pages “Server not found” on my Sony X Compact, local IP-Adresses works (my router login).

Update to 4.4. went through without problems.

How to fix this?

edit:
i had problems with that before the update, solution was to reset to factory and perform all updates since 4.3 now its working!

maybe this one?
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/browser-not-working-when-opened-from-app-drawer/

And 4.4 is out, and there still isn’t ncurses-libs5 in the package repositories. Is it going to be added?

2 Likes

Before upgrade to 4.4.0 there is a recommendation to “Remove or revert harbour-storeman”, but how can I do it?
I have tried following:
devel-su pkcon remove harbour-storeman

but it resulted in a message “This tool could not find the installed package: Url scheme is a required component”.

I have currently SFOS 4.3.0.15 and Storeman 0.2.11 (on Xperia X).
Thank you

I was holding on so long with the 4.4 update that now I am not sure whether it still makes sense to install the current EA release or rather wait some more for the ‘proper’ (non-EA) one. Any hints when it might come out?

Search & read first!

I.e., update Storeman in Storeman to v0.2.12 and then again to v0.3.0.

Oh, shame on me, I somehow missed it that it came out today:

OS version 4.4.0.58 was released to all users as an over-the-air update.

Question remains whether it is the same as EA or some changes have been made… I guess I’ll re-download it just to be 100% sure.

1 Like

Presumably if the general release was different from the EA then it would be .59 or greater, and it appears to still be .58 - so I assume its identical.

3 Likes

Well, I re-downloaded it, anyway. Everything went 100% smooth, except for:

• contact avatars gone (fortunately, restored from backup)

• further 300 MB taken on rootfs, now 2.1 GB used. Amazing growing speed. Fortunately, I recently resized my rootfs to 4 GB so I still have 1,9 GB free left. Or else I would be running out of space now… I’m starting to regret that I didn’t resize it to 6 GB…

Other than that, everything works. I don’t have any of the problems that others are reporting.

1 Like

Thanks, I was asking because in menu ‘Settings/Sailfish OS updates’ it sais ''Remove or revert harbour-storeman" but I did not understand how to remove it.

Should’ve been enough to just long press on storeman icon and then the ‘x’, weird the cli command didn’t work

Again (sigh!): The proper way is to update Storeman before upgrading SailfishOS to 4.4.0; then the message to remove Storeman should not appear.

1 Like