[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.72

Maybe better answer:

2 Likes

I’ve got an Xperia 10 II on 4.4.0.68 and have been updating it using the standard updates. This time, after downloading the update, I got warned that I needed to delete probably 100 or more packages that might interfere with the update. I have a couple of Openrepos apps installed, but this list looks completely out of proportions compared to earlier updates. What’s going on here?

Is there something I need to do to help the installer along at this point? Reset something?

2 Likes

I’m doing backup monthly in this case. So now I know the backup app is junk and must copy my data manually every single time. It’s really hard for Jolla, to attach few folders to backup? I must pay next 50€ for that “feature”?

Don’t worry about the message and simply proceed updating. You don’t have to deinstall something manually.

1 Like

What’s this? These two links required reCapcha from me right now. Is this normal new behavior of tjc now?

edit: had a look again because i couldn’t really believe… No it’s not a reCapcha, it’s a hCaptcha, the idiot test wants me to find the pictures with horses.

It looks like the browser is doing something to trigger ‘protection services’ on many websites (I’m assuming you encountered this on your phone). From what I’ve read a captcha shouldn’t be shown if the system can recognize you are not a bot from your earlier actions on a site. At least you were still able to pass the captcha, for now, unlike the case where this happens for akamai or cloudflare: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/browser-is-blocked-by-akamai-and-cloudflare/

1 Like

Darkly I remember something there was with this issue some months/years ago when accessing tjc while using a VPN tunnel. I use a VPN tunnel.

But: hCaptcha appears when trying to access with Sailfish browser on Volla phone / 4.4.0.64, and hCaptcha appears NOT when trying to access with Firefox on Linux computer, both connected by the same VPN tunnel.

So maybe a thing with SF-browser recognized wrong by server? Worth a bug report? This I ask not for me now, but for better development of SF-browser and/or Volla port.

Thanks again for your polite request for help from the community. I am sure we all appreciate this.

For my weekly backups I use the SF backup. It does what it says. It backs up SF data.

My important Android apps come with internal backup functions. They do backups for single Android apps.

A general local Android backup would imho be a feature that should be implemented by Google.

Do not ever feel obliged to read documentations. They are made for the less clever. Like me.

You can use slavas My Backup to backup the whole Android storage within the Sailfish backup.

4 Likes

Yep… I should add this to the suplpatcher FAQ :slight_smile: (done).

3 Likes

It’s really great to have my backup. I still haven’t implemented in all packages but really MUST.

1 Like

Maybe @olf wants to add some workaround to sfos-updater. :rofl:

Marking /vendor/etc/gps.conf as config in the .spec file is just too boring.

Not all SF data. Documents and Download folders are not included.

I agree. Jolla should recomend Android backup tool or give clear message, to users: Android data NOT INCLUDED in backup.

1 Like

If one.would read at least the text just above a button before pressing. But I know…

There is nothing you can do, @wladi_1981

XA2 is on 4.4.0.72. No forced reboot needed (started with Version 4.4.0.58).

So, how to backup whole Android apps collection with it data? There’s any hint from Jolla? System is advertised as compatible with Android. Users pay for this functionality, so where are tools for basic thing like data backup?

Man, you’re so good at writing…

Oh, yes i see. Nothing official, only community toll for SF apps. Very professional.

If you want something official, why don’t you use Android?

3 Likes