[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.72

Seems Sailfish si slowly dying? Since there are only 4 build versions during two months?

How is this supposed to make any sense?

One quick question. A friend and I have both upgraded to 4.4.0.72 recently (an XA2 and a 10II respectively). Following the update I have had a “feeling” like the battery of my XA2 has been draining more quickly (i.e. I need to recharge the phone more often). It is not dramatic but noticeable. Now today without prompting him my friend actually mentioned the very same thing about his 10II.

So, here’s that question: Are we imagining things?

1 Like

Today on my 10 III I’ve experienced for the first time ever the infamous “total lack of audio” bug. Reboot fixed it. So it’s still present on .72. Together with the lack of audio, also volume control disappeared (no reaction whatsoever to pressing Volume buttons).

Another bug that I’ve discovered in the last two days is that the Phone app UI in the Call History tab is not always properly refreshed - I mean the list doesn’t get scrolled to the top to reveal the most recent call (the second item is shown as topmost and it takes scrolling the list manually to reveal the first item on the list). This bug is especially annoying in case of a missed call, which we won’t notice without manually scrolling the list to the top to reveal it.

1 Like

Very few packages actually got updated. So either one of those is esting more resources, which you could check via htop for example, or there should be no difference.

SoundCloud login problem for my XA2 4.4.0.72 fresh install:

This is not the first time this issue occurred.

Sorry, I’ve only discovered it now :slight_smile:

Well, to be honest I think that is a fair comment looking at the last updates… My Xperia 10 iii still is on Android since major bugs (e.g. loss of audio) haven’t been fixed yet. Apart from that, there still is one of the two main cameras usable only under Sailfish OS, yet. Since my Xperia 10 i is still running fine, I’m not in a hurry to move to Sailfish OS on my Xperia 10 iii yet. And I also have the feeling, that things are slowing down at the development side at Jolla… just look at their blog, no substantial updates for months. Let’s hope for the best, I don’t want to leave the ship yet!

2 Likes

[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64 mentions “Sensors of tele and uwide camera lenses are disabled for now” as an Xperia 10 III issue, without further explanation. This still seems to be the case for 4.4.0.72 — is this issue being worked on, are there guesses of when it would be fixed?
I’m kinda disappointed in only having ⅓ of the cameras being operational.

2 Likes

The remaining back cameras can be enabled after Camera2 API has been implemented. It looks like the project can take still some time… Could someone shed some light on that?

4 Likes

Today I’ve received FOUR copies of the same SMS within half a minute or so. This is getting worse and worse (more copies, more often), and very disturbing.

I must check if someone has already filled a bug report for this. If not, I’ll do it.

There is SMS received multiple times (scheduled for tomorrow’s community meeting)
For repeat count, I have beaten you - I had a record of six few days ago :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

I tried to update my Xperia 10 II Dual SIM phone to version 4.4.0.72, but the update got stopped at about 80-90% completed. After waiting about an hour I forced a reboot. The phone rebootet OK, and the phone shows that the version is updated, but I can’t see Microsoft 365 option in settings when trying to add an account.

Any ideas how to fix this, or am I forced to do a complete reflash?

Bizarrely, I’e recently had duplicte SMSs received multiple times on my iPhone. I’ve not seen it on my SFOS phone (yet).

I wonder if it’s the telco at fault?

1 Like

I think this can sometimes happen caused by some network error. I had this phenomena also in earlier times, before i got SFOS, on some simple (not Smart-) phones.

Finally the Bug “ofonod CPU guzzling” aka “the friendly pocked warmer” seems to be fixed. Didn´t happen for me since this update. Good work guys!

4 Likes

I just had this happen last night… But I must say that it has been a long time since last it happened so it has been improved at least!

2 Likes

Regarding bugs and bugfixes I have a general question:
To get bugs fixed before the next release is out, do I have a chance to perform a
pkcon refresh + version --dup or a zypper ref + zypper dup to get a fix?
Do I have to switch to developer updates for this, or not?

No, since Sailfish OS is not a rolling release, you won’t get any updates until Jolla releases an update.

3 Likes