[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

Exactly. We get reminded of it every time a family or friend ask us to ‘quickly help’ with some problem on their devices. I remember once my sister’s iphone was full even though she’d deleted nearly everything from it. I can’t run du so I can’t help you :smiley:

3 Likes

This, exactly this! I just modified the email client to my liking (instead of just complaining about it)! One of the best part of using SFOS is that if something doesn’t work right, I can fix it myself!

6 Likes

Since you mentioned privacy: I have some of.these apps and keep these on my Idiotphone for reasons of privacy and security. Many of these I do not have at all for the same reason.

(My Idiotphone is an old S4 with Lineage and never active for longer than the ride in a taxi, uber or picking up packets etc.)

3 Likes

With everything you may need to achieve this already provided by the OS. (ssh, terminal, vi).

5 Likes

m.uber.com works also. No location mandatory.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for all the info! and very much for Sailfish. I didn’t need help with installing 4.4.0.64 after all. I have an Xperia X II, was running 4.4.0.58. Started to download the install file a couple of days ago, but after about 3 hours it still seemed to be downloading, and I had to give up (never done this before). I thought, if the download was incomplete, I’d be able to find it and delete it – but I couldn’t find it. Maybe it was complete? I backed everything up and put a copy of the OS on my PC in case I had to reflash, then hit the Install prompt. Seemed ok, but stuck showing ‘SAILFISH OS’ – I feared the phone was borked, couldn’t close it down. Eventually I found the post above about a long press fixing it, and after a VERY long press, all was well. Phone started up, shows the current release, all good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not like they would have some incentives to try to push her to buy the newer iPhone model with much more storage or something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you suggesting they have any other reason for omitting SD card slots?

4 Likes

No, that was just to make you more happy with the final solution of all needs: The next iphone.

But you can’t argue with a phenomenon. People always find the one product which the industry only made to make them personally happy. Nice people there, at the industry.

GPS is working very well on my XA2 since this update!

6 Likes

Yes, GPS seems much better indeed (in my limited testing).

Thanks for you help,
I have resolve the problem : boot on live usb kubuntu and flash my Xperia10iii

6 Likes

Thanks for you help,
I have resolve the problem: boot on live usb kubuntu and flash my Xperia10iii

1 Like

Not sure if it has already been reported but I haven’t seen it: there is a typo in the label for the new “restart fingerprint service” button under Settings/Utilities, “circumstancces” with a spurious double c. Language English (UK).

2 Likes

Thanks for highlighting this @fph. We’ll get it fixed.

2 Likes

By the way, I have just noticed that the text for the new “restart fingerprint service” is not translated in French.

1 Like

It’s not translated in Finnish either, I guess the translation rounds are yet to come.

1 Like

The “restart fingerprint service” was late addition. We wanted to include it to this release as people have been reporting / talking about this.

8 Likes

it’s not on translate.sailfishos.org - when it’s there (probably with 4.5), it’ll get translated

I think I accidentally found a bug in 4.4.0.64

In Media Player there’s an album with 1 song in it.
Opening it I see only the cover and no songs inside.
I’m in the process of migration from 10 to 10mk3, so I thought it is the bug of 10mk3, but my 10 has the same bug. Whereas before it worked ok, this exact album for sure.

If I run pulley on previous (Albums) tab and select All songs then Player allows to select the “lost” song.

5 Likes