[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0 EULA update

IV and V sold in the shops here are specified to have A-12 and A-13 respectively, and one don’t need to update that, I think.

1 Like

Hi community,
I was installing the update without any error messages on my Xperia 10III. Unfortunately now the Chum GUI does not show my installed apps any more. Additionally in the branch Category and Applications there is no installable application listed. A Update Repository command in the GUI runs without error message, but does not change anything. I already tried devel-su pkcon refresh with no success. The logfile in /var/log does not show any indication for a problem. Is there a way to repair this?

Go into the Chum GUI settings and override the repository.

This seems to be the case with my 10 II, too.

This IS the case with EVERY updated device until CHUM is updated as well.

2 Likes

Symbolic links have been added for the Chum repositories for the .25 release, so they should now work without any modifications.

8 Likes

I cannot install. Updater says “no connection” although there is a connection.

I had same issue, found an old post where problem fixed by delete cashe files from /etc/zypp/repos.d/* and after a few reboots managed to install using manual method.

Thank you.

@Jolla:
Since my most pressing issue with 4.5 is the now dysfunctional weather service and I have no trust in the new business owners yet, I decided not to risk the good state on my devices by installing updates that don’t do anything for me. I wish you good luck and will wait and see what people say about 4.6.

3 Likes

I got a message that i need to remove or revert ca-certificates before upgrading.
How do i revert ca-certificates to the stock version?

2 Likes

As a wise man once said :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only fools rush in. +++

Thanks, the first time it didn’t work and i got that it wasn’t able to upgrade.
The second time the upgrade worked as expected without doing anything about ca-certificates.

We have switched the rpm compression from xz to zstd on 4.5.0.

Malicious commits found in xz.

4 Likes

XZ-utils in sailfish is 4 years old, so this is irrelevant as far as sfos is concerned…

4 Likes

Not really:

(still kinda unrelated as x86 machines running sfos are like… Handful, so doubt someone spent 2 years to target them)

2 Likes

Still much older than the (known) affected versions.

1 Like

Look at the crossed title in screenshot: 5.6.1the exact backdoored version, luckily our openssh is not the patched one from rhel/debian

I noticed the CVE for xz while updating (CVE was created just hours before) so I reverted to older version just in case. There are several factors which would have made the backdoor not work in Sailfish (based on current information): we don’t use patched openssh, the architectures affected are rare or non-existent for Sailfish, and most importantly we build xz from git and since one of the critical parts for enabling the backdoor is only in the release tarball it wouldn’t have been enabled.

18 Likes