[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11

Updating xperia10iii went fine. One thing i noticed and was not reported here yet is the smaller image size on Whatsapp video call. It is about 2/3 of the screen, like zoomed out and centered on the screen. Useable but strange. I did not test other messengers.
Audio routing in android still having same issues: need to plug headset and then unplug to get speaker activated.

Upgrading Sony Xperia XA2 worked fine (Since Android layer hadn’t been supported anymore, a huge load of possible problems are not possible).

What do you mean by this?

Smart phone is too old so support latest Android apps.

1 Like

Um. Is it good and proper that in the folder

./.local/share/applications

there is a massive amount of “apkd_launcher… .desktop” files for some Android apps that I have updated since updating to SF 4.6?

Some Android apps have issues and shut down pretty much immediately when you launch them from the lauch grid, but they run ok when they are started from the Terminal with the command

lca-tool --triggerdesktop ./.local/share/applications/apkd-launcher-sumting-sumting-sumting.... .desktop

3 Likes

Android App support with installed opengapps broke on Xperia10III.

systemd : Starting AppSupport...
 appsupport-init : AppSupport instance 'default' is not running.
 appsupport-init : Waiting for hwservicemanager...
 appsupport-init : Running hooks from start-post-hook.d...
 appsupport-init : Running 50-setup.sh
 appsupport-init : cmd: Can't find service: settings
 appsupport-init : cmd: Can't find service: device_config
 systemd : Started AppSupport.
 systemd : appsupport.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
 systemd : appsupport.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Reinstalling opengapps with the new script from Google play services on xperia 10 III Sailfish 4.4.0.64 - #71 by lkraav fixed it.

4 Likes

There is room for it, and I use 4 weeks from time to time, but otherwise options look good to me :slight_smile:

(When it comes to all-day events, that is. I do have several wishes concerning timed events, where default alarm options don’t fit my needs.)

Does a Sony Xperia 10 V need to be Android v 13 ? What if it is already v 14 ? And, is there any official way to backup the original firmware/OS before installing SailfishOS, so in case things don’t work as expected, a restore back to factory settings is possible ?

1 Like

The solution to both your “problems” is the same one as always: Sony’s Emma software.
It does not make backups - but it provides new and old images.

The proprietary special camera algorithms of Sony’s will be lost forever and unreparably, though, as soon as you open the bootloander, right?

1 Like

Has that even been a thing in recent models? I know it used to be, but i seem to recall it was no point to faff with any more.

1 Like

https://www.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-android-pie-unlock-bootloader-drm-fix-camera/

It seems to be an issue with older Sony Smartphone Series, maybe released before 2018. I did test the Camera with Android before unlocking my XZ2 Compact and flash the great community Port from @rinigus to it. I see no differences of dynamic range or noise reduction.

When Camera API 2.0 will be released for SFOS things should be on par with Stock Android/Drivers of each Device in terms of Focus Sharpness. I tested it with OpenCamera under Waydroid.

6 Likes

Does this new/old images restore to factory settings ? Can we not do the TA backup as in the past ? Are DRM keys lost forever ? And, is/will be Android 14 be supported ?

What else would they do?

As per above; does it even exist - or contain anything worthwhile?

Is there even such a thing now?

It will most likely be like all the previous versions. Either not supported, or by luck it is similar enough to 13 that it works anyway. I.e. you may try and then just recover.

1 Like

Microtube fixed for 4.6

25 Likes

Great! Thank you @Mister_Magister!!

No issues with the update process on my XA2 itself, but:

• GPS is still a pain – I’ll patch /etc/gpsd.conf to set a SUPL server helps (maybe having a opencellid backend to help initial positioning would help?)
  • Conversations (android app) seems to disappear from the main app screen, but is not killed? This is the only android app I leave open, so I’m not sure if it’s general or just this one

On the other hand, I don’t think I’ve seen yet AppSupport completely freezing when using GPS, wait & see…

This should have been handled by Jolla, but… Anyway, moved all icons from old to new and symlinked the whole folder.

Well, they did handle it… their way. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers. You can understand from my questions that I am not up-to-date. I guess you know, but for the sake of it : wiping out the factory installed operating system from a (Sony) portable phone, in the past, and loosing the “keys” along, meant that it was practically impossible to get back to the original state. Therefore it was not possible to sell it as originally bought, in case needed.