UI LANGUAGE: en
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION: all apps using keyboard input have got the number-phone-pad kbd

To get an a push twice 2 …

PRECONDITIONS: upgrade to 4.3.0.15 from last stable upgrade

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

A very messy way to input things when it works 90% time kebabs get stuck and won’t react at all

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

A reboot did solve the problem.
But I remarqued that pushing the halt button didn’t initiate a shutdown but a reboot.
Strange!!

I had this once. A reboot solves the problem. Annoying, but not too terrible of a bug. It happens very rarely in my experience. I don’t think this bug will be splatted very soon, when it is unknown what triggered it.

1 Like

This sometimes also happens on my X10. But it is not necessary to reboot the device, restarting the UI by Hilfsprogramme also does it, so no input of phone+SIM PIN is necessary and it’s much faster this way.

edit: @cedbdn You write in the thread title: Phone X10 II, and in the description: X10 Dual SIM. Do you have a X10 or a X10II? I think this will be important to know for solving the problem, if restarting the UI doesn’t help or to find the real cause for this bug.

2 Likes

Maybe related to :

I can reproduce this behaviour by using the following method:

1. Open any app that requires numeric input and provides a numeric keyboard for it (e.g. lelig:mmHg)
  2. Switch to landscape mode
  3. Close the app in landscape mode while the numeric keyboard is displayed.

Now every input field in every app just opens a numeric keyboard.

To restore the correct keyboard layout for the respective input field, proceed as follows:

1. Open any app that requires numeric input and provides a numeric keyboard for it (e.g. lelig:mmHg)
  2. Switch to portrait mode
  3. Close the app in portrait mode while the numeric keyboard is displayed.

Now you have your alphanumeric keyboard back.

Tested on Xperia X (F5121) Suomenlinna v4.3.0.12 with app lelig:mmHg and my own little converter app

4 Likes