Q: Had to setup new my Linux laptop, now can't ssh to Sailfish phone no more. What can I do?

Same problem occurs now at my wife’s phone and nothing from above helps to bring the access to work!

andrea@andrea-Voom-Laptop-Max:~$ ssh defaultuser@192.168.0.2
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.2 port 22: Connection refused
andrea@andrea-Voom-Laptop-Max:~$ 

My wife’s phone was 4.4.0.72 before the update. The other ones were at 4.5.0.21 before the update and there everything went well.

Any ideas? Shall I reflash to shorten this or is there a chance to fix it?

I have (had) 2 Jolla1, 1 Jolla C, the Jolla Tablet, A Xperia X, a F(x)tec Pro1, 2 Xperia 10 II and a rephone (all with SF on it). I never had issues with any of them regarding SSH. Before reflashing, are you sure that the phones are the culprit? Maybe there is a problem with your router.

1 Like

Or with the USB cable or the usb port?

Can you ssh yourself from the phone to the phone?
(I mean e.g. In terminal
ssh defaultuser@nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn)

I remember I had a similar problem and the only way to resolve it, was to copy .ssh folder from my backups, I didn’t spend much time to investigate further tho.

Yes, I can ssh on the phones CLI to ‘itself’.

I can’t ssh to the phone from Linux laptop and also not from CLI of the Volla Phone.

But I can ssh to the phone from another fresh updated Xperia 10, that I never before used as a sftp client with my wife’s phone as server!

maybe a mess between old and new hostnames and certificates?

edit: I flashed the phone with 4.5.0.19, gave it a new host name and a new IP address, set up all connections, updated to 4.5.0.24, tested again → works now. Thank you all for the help!

2 Likes