Python support do i miss someting?

i do not talk about python by my data json.
.py files are just in parallel to qml and work fine.
in the first version i had my assets folder in parallel to qml in usr/share…

BUT
one can read from there, not write.
i do copy now my data json files to .local/share/oarg.pawel …
which is anyway better, as usr/share gets removed on uninstall and then all your data would be gone too.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.

thanks for the help !
by telling me that it must work, you convinced me to look deeper into my code :slight_smile:

the combination of qt-ide + js and the python wrapper … it is quite easy to produce typos, that pop out only at runtime

I do have tests for the python thing and that seems stable, guess i should start with tests in qt too

Using the SDK for developing QML/Python applications is for me the equivalent trying to get rid of crows by firing CAMM-ER missiles at them. :grin:

There is absolutely no need for bloated VMs etc. when I already have real Sailfish devices lying around and the only thing that needs to be done is moving the contents of a sub directory into an RPM.

rpmbuild$ time ./build.sh
real    0m0.288s
user    0m1.059s
sys     0m0.044s
1 Like

Where I come from, we shoot at crows with shotguns. Double barrel shotguns. Sometimes in groups of 2 or three old bastards, sitting on the porch. I barely exaggerate.

So, I guess I’m a victim of a life of overkill.

1 Like

yes, i use sdk + vs code

talking about crows, i could need a gun for a day or two :slight_smile:
a few more years and the noise here is similar to goa

Ok, I just had one of those that cost me 30 minutes.

If you mean non-stop techno, I once had a gig where the non-stop techno drove me off-board (was a ship) to find a quite place under a bush. For a number of years, if I couldn’t get any peace of mind, I’d go sleep under a bush where it was quiet.

1 Like

i have extended jolla’s sample with some python fake classes, to visualize how to connect qml with some python controllers.

can be found here:

feel free to submit a pr if i missed something

i have finally also managed to run and debug tests in studio code, will add that later
this is the cool read: Setting Python source folders in Visual Studio Code - Binx

1 Like