Problem with playing videos in ALL capable apps

Yes, I did. Already there are a lot of bug reports regarding this issue.

This is not applicable for that case. Two phones, arm7 and aarch64 are affected. I have already flashed a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite using SFOS 4.3 and video is crashing as well.

1 Like

Since I am using an XA2 Ultra upgraded step by step from 3.x till the current version I also do not think that reflashing will solve it. I see the exact same behavior on my phone with different HW and it all started with SF4.x. So this was the only change that happened right when the behavior started.

Yeah, I’ve been following, but failing to find a common thread. Although it seems like if it’s a constant hassle with the browser crashing on youtube and other apps you’d think it was a gstreamer video thing.

However, I don’t have any issues with video on the volla/gs phones, BUT youtube crashes the jolla browser consistently. I’m just trying to find a common thread.

I don’t think flashing is the right answer either. There is something foul.

YouTube on the XA2 Ultra is unusable in the built-in browser on 4.5.x.x. Videos just freeze after a few frames and that’s it (sound keeps playing while video is frozen). Same videos play fine in Android browsers like e.g. Fennec (“fine” means they don’t freeze, but there’s still some frame drop).

I’m having problems playing videos with any native player but the official camera app as well.
Picoplayer gets me a “Could not load page” error; LLs vPlayer starts with a white screen and no nothing instead.
For such a trivial thing I’m now forced to use an android app. :expressionless:
Any suggestions?