Problem flashing Sony Xperia 10 III

I’m trying to flash Sailfish X to my Xperia 10 III

Unfortunately, the flashing failed with the following error:

user@computername:/media/NAS/downloads/X10iii/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-4.4.0.68-xqbt52-1.0.0.142$ sudo bash ./flash.sh            
Flash utility v1.2
Detected Linux
Searching device to flash..
Found XQ-BT52, serial:<serial>, baseband:62.0.A.3.70, bootloader:1322-1665_X_Boot_SM6350_LA2.0_R_49
Found matching device with serial <serial>
Fastboot command: fastboot -s <serial>
>> fastboot -s HQ619T267B getvar secure
<< getvar:secure FAILED (remote: unknown command)

My USB layout is as follows. The single USB root hub is not connected to any external ports, as far as I can tell.

user@computer:/dev$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 5986:0366 Acer, Inc Integrated Camera
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 8087:0a2a Intel Corp. 
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 138a:0017 Validity Sensors, Inc. VFS 5011 fingerprint sensor
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 058f:9540 Alcor Micro Corp. AU9540 Smartcard Reader
Bus 002 Device 054: ID 0fce:0dde Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB Xperia Mini Pro Bootloader
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I trief to see if the phone would still boot, and it still boots into android.
I then tried flashing again, but I keep getting the following message:

user@computername:/media/NAS/downloads/X10iii/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-4.4.0.68-xqbt52-1.0.0.142$ sudo bash ./flash.sh 
Flash utility v1.2
Detected Linux
Searching device to flash..
Found FAILED, serial:<serial>, baseband:FAILED, bootloader:FAILED
No valid devices found.

I’m not sure what to do now. Any pointers?

As described in section 2 use a USB-bus, with no other devices on it. For your Laptop this is a USB-port which is connected to Bus 001. Or switch off all the devices (in the Firmware settings) which are connected to Bus 002 (fingerprint sensor, camera, smart-card reader) and use the same port you used before. This often helps; still other culprits may prevent flashing.

Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately the UEFI does not offer the possibility to disable attached devices. I also tried forcing the USB 3 controller into 2.0 mode, but this somehow unified all busses to a single bus and then put all devices on that bus.

I tried moving around the cable to the different USB ports, and somehow it will always connect to bus 002. So I guess I’m stuck now.

[edit]

I installed fastboot on another computer, and flashing worked.

[edit 2]
Phone won’ t boot. Is stuck on boot screen with turqoise light.

Use (= search) this forum.

Try these instructions. (There are other tips in earlier posts, but IIUC they are not necessary anymore.)

Thanks!

In the end I didn’t need to do this. I don’t know why, but flashing the phone the 5th time worked.

I did leave the USB in and did a hard reboot instead and only pulled out the USB after the phone had rebooted (but before the OS started to load), which was almost as suggested in some other topics. I had tried the hard reboot before, but only after disconnecting my phone. Somehow it did work this time.

I have to say that the overall process of flashing was quite a bit more troublesome than it was when I flashed my XA2. I did not expect it to be this much of a hassle.

1 Like

Nowadays I just disable the autosuspend whenever I flash a device, and I recommend that for everyone. With that done, all my Xperia devices behave nicely during the flashing process! (Still haven’t been able to flash my Samsung…)

8.2 Hold down the Volume Up button and connect the other end of the USB cable to the phone. The LED should light up blue .

I had to keep on pushing the button, and run

8.4 Launch the flashing script by entering the command:

sudo bash ./flash.sh

while still pressing the button !!

Then it worked

which samsung? i also have difficulties with my samsung accessing it through adb

This one: