Predictive text for more languages

I managed to add extra languages for HW keyboard with the first Xperia that jolla supported, and one of them was greek too. Not sure if I still have a howto. I found some files-languages for the fingerterm keyboard I made many years ago. I asked that back on together.jolla.com:

If I remember correctly it worked quite good, but not close good as on pc: not easy to change language and maybe the punctuation was missing ? That was ~8 years ago.

Also, some sailfishOS versions latter not sure it it will work. If I make any tests I’ll let you know

1 Like

Well hunspell is used by presage as well, it is more of a framework where you plug things in. So I am not worried about that.

Just slash the corpus file with head or similar command. No problem, I can assist if needed.

1 Like

@ApB I just added Greek support for hardware keyboard, tested it, working without punctuation. At least worked on xperia 10 iii , sockingly simple, I edited this file:

/usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/hwkbdlayouts/hwkbdlayouts.conf

and added on top:

[el]
name=Ελληνικά

Saved, closed settings completely and then opened it again, went to Settings → System → Text input → Hardware keyboards and it was third from the end. Control + Space works to change the language. It seems to work on android apps too.

I suggest backup the file before any changes. Let us know if it worked for you.

1 Like

At the moment i don’t have a SFOS device to test anything.

Good that it works but those changes -not only for greek- need to go in a release.

1 Like