Pls jolla i love you

Compared to Xperias? Meh.

It seems to me as if there are two types of “embedded” platforms: on the one side, there’s industrial and home use, with no or limited UI, were usually performance isn’t too critical. Does you fridge needs to have a 3GHz Cortex A78 octacore? No. Those can suffice with older generation and cheaper hardware. And those run on Linux and are better supported by mainline. On the other side, there’s smart phones and tvs, where Android is king. “Gadgets” like cameras and other sensors are important, just as performance. But, as it seems, these parts are not generally available due to licensing and whatnot, and are only shipped with Android binary blobs. So, if you were to design a new phone, without Android-shite, you’re limited to the industrial-type of hardware. Thus, no fancy new stuff for us. But that’s just my hunch, €0.02, etc.

1 Like

You can choose from many OSes. Sailfish is one, but there are many.

Yeah, I had one about 1y ago.
But there was no OS that could do call, mms, pictures together.
(I had to reboot for one or the other function)
I was great tho, but a bit early for me.
As I don’t know how to program complex things, SDK, APIs… I felt armless to push the boat.

If there’s a port even a comunity port, I would give it a solid shot. But, in the mean time, I wonder if we can install aliendalvik on non-supported devices that are part of the same family (ie 10 II is supported, but 5 II or 1 II isn’t but maybe they could be installed?)

Like this guy did here. https://youtu.be/sIO36VRB-dw?t=212

I still have mine … sad that it will soon be wholly unusable :frowning:

or use a sanding machine :wink:

1 Like

I’d love to see Jolla convincing Sony to release a Camera-App for SfOS utilizing all those nice Sony camera features😜

4 Likes

+10 :slightly_smiling_face:
just my 20 chars

EDIT: And RAW pictures!

2 Likes