Phone cannot unlock after upgrade to 3.4.0

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE:
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION: After having upgraded to 3.4.0.24 I cannot use the phone anymore. It turns on, displays screen and notifications. After a few seconds the screen goes black. I can pick up calls and even talk but the screen will not turn on. I plugged the USN cable on the phone and the phone indicates: “Please unlock phone first”.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Maybe this thread helps: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/the-screen-goes-black-and-thats-it/

After normal update through UI my XA2 stalled at SONY logo. I checked and removed Aliendalvik Control and Phonehook but with pkcon or version dup I always receive:

"Error: Failed to activate service ‘org.freedesktop.PackageKit’: timed out (service_start_timeout=25000ms)
Finished transaction (status=2, runtime=0ms)
UPGRADE NOT COMPLETE - Retry 2 of 9
Waiting 3 seconds before retry.
REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES

Indeed, the issue was coming from PhoneHook. I uninstalled it and the issue got fixed.

How to uninstall it through terminal?

Sorry for the late reply. I could not because I did not activate SSH before the update. I had a few seconds before the screen goes dark after bootup, so I was quick enough to uninstall the PhoneBook app from the UI. This has fixed the problem.

Yes, very late (as well :wink: ):
devel-su pkcon remove phonehook
or
devel-su rpm -e phonehook