Phone app crashes when calling or being called

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.4 EA
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10
UI LANGUAGE: Polish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

When getting called the ringtone rings, but I have no way of anwsering, and the phone app crashes. Rest of the system works fine.
When trying to call someone the phone app immediately crashes, without even being able to see the call screen.
Simetimes I can continue the call, sometimes I only hear the first beep and the call ends.

PRECONDITIONS:

None

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Get called
  2. Call someone

EXPECTED RESULT:

See the call screen

ACTUAL RESULT:

See nothing

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

1 Like

Turns out update I did through GUI didn’t finish. Fortunately sfos-upgrade came to the rescue, and finished the upgrade. Now the problem is fixed.

1 Like

I have the same issue but with a successful update initially done with sfos-upgrade. Trying to update again doesn’t fix it in my case (because the update is already complete). Xperia 10.

Maybe try sfos-upgrade --verify, it helped me. And then post_sfos-upgrade. Really hope it helps

Tried that, didn’ help :frowning:

edit: However I could fix it with zypper dup (as root). Phone app is working again as intended

3 Likes

This fixed it for me as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Same here on an XA2. Phone app crash by first call. No way to get it back and no way to hang up either.
zypper dup did the trick. It complained about ~100 something packages to be reinstalled.