Patches by ichthyosaurus

Ok, then I will wait until then.

It looks like there are problems with preparing the description text and the changelog. Can you run these two commands:

html2text --version
awk --version

ā€¦ and post the output?

I also fixed some typos in your config: Systemli Paste

Your commads led to errors.
Anyway, it wasnā€™t to hard to get the wanted output :blush::

awk -W version
mawk 1.3.4 20200120
Copyright 2008-2019,2020, Thomas E. Dickey
Copyright 1991-1996,2014, Michael D. Brennan

random-funcs: srandom/random
regex-funcs: internal
compiled limits:
sprintf buffer 8192
maximum-integer 2147483647

html2text -version
This is html2text, version 1.3.2a

The latest version can be found at http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~mbayer/tools/

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: This means youā€™re using different versions than me (i.e. different tools, to be precise). Iā€™m using GNU awk and this html2textā€¦ Iā€™ll have to find a way to make the script compatible with different versions. Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s such a difference between mawk and gawk.

html2text is the version which ships with my Distro (KDE neon - ubuntu LTS based) there is no other version in the standard repos. Regarding awk, mawk and gawk are both available.

I havenā€™t had the time yet to investigate what exactly breaks compatibility with mawk.

For me itā€™s the same situation just with a different implementationā€¦ This is not too big of a problem though, I will update the script so it falls back to copying the input as-is without converting it.

I wanted to install Patch: Configurable keyboard height on my Xperia XA2 without patch manager. I get the following error message: ** Command ā€œrpmā€ not found.
Is there a solution?

Where did you download, how did you try to install it?

1 Like

Download: Patch: Configurable keyboard height | OpenRepos.net ā€” Community Repository System
Install with the app file management and then with the button install

Regarding the patch: the easiest way is to install it from Patchmanagerā€™s web catalog. Open the Settings app, go to Patchmanagerā€™s settings page, then select ā€œWeb Catalogā€ from the top pulley menu. There you can search for the patch and install it.

IIRC, this error message is only related to the file preview, not to the actual installation. I assume you installed File Browser from Jolla store? If so, I recommend you install Storeman and then install File Browser through the Storeman app (as well as the patch if you didnā€™t install it from the web catalog).

ā€œThis patch is incompatible with the installed SailfisOS version.ā€ Hahahahā€¦

Uhhā€¦ what version are you on?

If you are on the latest release that was published just recently, then you may have to enable the option that allows installing ā€œincompatibleā€ patches in Patchmanagerā€™s settings. The patch should be compatible but Iā€™m traveling at the moment and wonā€™t be able to test it.

No problem, I did not know about this possibility. I will test it.

EDIT: Nothing I set unfortunately changes the keyboard, no matter if reset or device restart.

Once the patch is activated you donā€™t hve ro restart anything.
What scaling have you set?

For me it is working flawless. Iā€™m on a Xperia 10 II running SF 4.5.0.21.

60% looks like that:

150% like that:

1 Like

I would also like to have it like that and have tried it again. But nothing changes whether I set 60% or 120%.

So which SFOS version are you running? The keyboard changed in recent updates, so if youā€™re not on the latest version then itā€™s quite possible that the patch is actually incompatible.

Hi @ichthyosaurus
just wanted to say, that iā€™m waiting for you, that you update the patch.
Just in case, that you think, Fellfrosch promised to write documentation and doesnā€™t.
I definitively will. When all went through without errors.
If you are short of time at the moment, take all the time you need, there is absolutely NO hurry. (The patch is running for me anyway - at least as reliable as fingerprint unlocking)
I just wanted to avoid that we both think, itā€™s the other oneā€™s turn.

Were you ever able to figure this out? Iā€™d love to try partnerspace but I donā€™t want to give up no home carousel.

Unfortunately, I never found the time