Optimize the sailfish positioning service in China

In China, GPS can not be obtained quickly, and the positioning service can hardly be used indoors. Sometimes it takes a long time to obtain it outdoors, which makes many applications unavailable

Which device are you using?

Xperia XA2 Plus 6+64G

Well, your device has some hardware/software problems. There are various topics about this. I invite you to read and apply this one.

1 Like

Thank you for help。
I have replaced the software repair with China’s GPS service, which is better than the original, but I dare not operate the hardware repair. Does the new device Xperia 10 III have this GPS problem? If the new device is OK, I can happily use the sailfish system in the future。

It is not just hardware problems, software too GPS stopped working - #425 by nekron
You can fix it as the linked guide says, in your current device. Or on 10 III it is a lot easier to do the same fix. And the antenna is supposed to be a lot better too. Up to you.

I have both the Sony Xperia XA2 and the Sony Xperia 10 III now, both at Sailfish 4.6.0.64.

GPS on the Xperia 10 III is significantly better, and quicker, than on the XA2. It is quite usable on the X10 III, where it is not really on the XA2 unless you’re prepared to wait ages for a lock.

I tried all the software tricks on the XA2 I could on this forum but none of them really made any significant difference. Like you I wasn’t prepared to start dismantling my phone and muck around with the hardware though - somehow once taken apart they’re never the same again!

1 Like