New Volla Phone available on Kickstarter

Ugh why they make it so big. There’s still plenty of people that really would like to use something smaller :frowning:

4 Likes

I understand, therefore we should have a choice. Women carry handbags, men put phones in their pockets. Each size has advantages and disadvantages.

well I wouldn’t put it like this. There are women that prefer smaller phones and the ones that likes big ones. Same with man, they do sometimes wear something like a bag, yet it depends again.

From my point of view it’s not a matter of what I’m carrying with me to hold the phone, it’s rather if I can use is with one hand, and the problem related to all modern phones is that I can’t do that as it’s impossible to use them with one hand without fiddling with it.

My few cents: Woman, handbag & prefer bigger phone.

Why? I want to have a bigger screen to view complex content, surf the web, view videos and photos & more, read books, read+write mails. All this is only possible in a comfortable way with a bigger screen. And I use a stylus for writing, so need two hands, anyhow.

another few cents: additional to the above, a small phone is really needed as a further option.

So, Jolla, please support both a real phablet and a pocket/one_hand phone additional to the existing!

1 Like

You are right Lolek. One of my daughters prefers a smaller phone and my husband is satisfied with any size as long as it fits in his pocket. It’s personal. Also not everyone uses a phone with one hand. Not every screen size is suitable for every purpose either. So I would suggest that Jolla backs a device in two sizes: a compact one and a bigger one.

1 Like

Didn’t see your reaction at first, but yes, fully agree! When in use as a satnav a bigger screen is also preferable to me.

1 Like

I was initially put off by the size of the Vollaphone. But, given how much media stuff I now do with it, I’m great full. Still fits in the cargo pockets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Phablet with stylzs would be great, but Sony doesn’t build those.

I agree, I would like something in the size of Jelly 2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice. This Jelly will be better with slide keyboard like Nokia N95. Has infrared port :smiley:

1 Like

I can totally understand that there are peoples that would like to have such tiny phone,
I personally would be perfectly fine with something that has around 5-5.5" screen and size not bigger than: 135mm height, 68mm width, everything else is sadly to big for me and I have huge problems using it :frowning:

1 Like