Many phone contacts missing in 4.1

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24 / Device adaptation 0.0.8.21
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

When opening my contacts, I find that many that were there before are missing. I haven’t updated in a while, so I upgraded to 4.0 and then immediately to 4.1.

PRECONDITIONS:

Upgrade to Sailfish 4.1

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Upgrade Sailfish to 4.1
  2. Open people app
  3. Compare to what was there before

EXPECTED RESULT:

All contacts to appear

ACTUAL RESULT:

Many contacts do not appear (though many others do)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Are they contacts from some synchronized account? Have you tried resynchronizing your accounts from the accounts page?

I did sync them many years ago, but I haven’t synced them for a long time. I don’t think they exist on the other end any longer…

I got back my missing contacts by resynchronizing. I don’t know more about contacts. Perhaps backup files contain something usefull, but that is just a thought. I don’t know how nor where. Hopefully someone else can help.

Hmm … I think this has happened to me as well on updating to Koli. I’m afraid I put my missing contacts down to me accidentally deleting them without realising (every so often I go through my contacts list and purge those no longer needed so its quite feasible that I could delete a few by accident) but looking at my iphone (both are synchronised to Office 365) this has 192 contacts whereas my Sailfish phone only has 101 contacts - so it looks like around 90 contacts are no longer synchronising correctly to Sailfish. I tried deleting one contact of the iPhone and then re-entering it on the iPhone and then it synchronised correctly across to the Sailfish phone. I also tried removing the account from Sailfish and putting it back again but the missing contacts were not synchronised - so maybe they are marked in some way for ‘no synchronisation’ …