Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries

Pre-ordered on June 8th, got final payment link today :slight_smile:

At June ordered phones are getting payment links. I ordered end of July.
I’m waiting patiently.

4 Likes

Final payment link received :heart_eyes:

This is still about payments. Is there any change that devices will be delivered by the end of the year?

Let’s hope for some news today about that and more.
I’m guessing that they start by the end of this month. Counting from localization round a few weeks of testing is probably needed.

EDIT: And there it is.

1 Like

It’s time for delivery update

Last week we visited our manufacturing partner Reeder at Turkey. Things are looking very good and we start shipments once we receive the devices to our logistic partner’s premises. There are few practicalities involved like shipping from the manufacturing partner to our logistic partner and customs handling so we cannot really say exact date. That said, we’re targeting to start shipments during next week :crossed_fingers:.

Some of you have been asking the final payment link. We’ll continue sending final payments links in batches. If you haven’t received final payment link yet, please check your junkmail folder if it is not there please wait a moment. We’ll inform when we have sent all payment links.

Pictures from the factory

Please give a look to the latest fortnight newsletter and enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea.

Have a great rest of the week,
Jolla Team

30 Likes

Final? I hope for many more payment links the coming years. :wink:
Welcome to Sailfish forum! :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Sailfish Forum for all new comers! Great to see new people!

Here’s also Sailfish Forum FAQ/Guidelines which is good to check every now and then.

9 Likes

very happy to see the latest delivery news and the pictures, looking up to get my hands on mine soon.
i have a question, where can i find my delivery address and is it possible to change it? i am not sure in which country i will be when the delivery happens.

Question regarding that: where will the phones be shipped from?
That would have some import tax implications.

Context: I don’t live in a EU-member country, but leave near the border. If the phone ships from a EU country, I could give a delivery address in the EU and import the phone my self while walking through the border’s customs (only pay VAT) which is cheaper that if the postal service do the import (base administrative fee + VAT paid on the sum of phone + delivery cost + said fee).

I suppose a couple of other community members would be similarly be interested.

4 Likes

I got my flip cover too; I chose the black/brown one. The colors are much darker, like in the screenshots, but it looks okay. Delivery time was 2 weeks.

1 Like

What colour does the C2 have? In the pictures above it’s black or dark blue, but if I remember the first pictures from the announcement correctly there was shown a silver/grey phone. I finally started my order process yesterday (I got the link two weeks ago…) but there was no option for a colour… So I’m very curious about the colour I will finally get.

Color is called black whilst in practise it looks grey. There’s only one colour option.

10 Likes

@rainemak Is the target for shipments “next week” for Reeder → shipping partner, or the whole logistics chain e.g. Reeder → shipping partner → start shipping to customers?

@JoshStrobl target to start shipping to customers. It’s tough target thou but we’re aiming for it.

9 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward like everyone else to the C2. I’m sure all the Jollyboys are excited to see it landing in user’s hands as well. Hopefully opens up the next big chapter for the company and Sailfish OS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t want to sound critic as I’m looking forward to get this device and hopefully contribute with the community and if I can recommend to others.

But I seriously hope the device I finally get doesn’t look like the last photo, some serious lack of quality control on that back cover it looks like the surface finish for the camera module was missed and they used the cover anyway, also doesn’t match any of the finishes advertised.

If they can have such an obvious flaw on the visible side of the phone I do hope they don’t have the same situation in the internals…

Looks like pocket-dust and reflection

A little bit offtopic: So actually it seems to be better for a company to not deliver on schedule and iron out the biggest flaws. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzML_4e3FaU apparently companies which delivered on schedule at all costs went bankrupt, or almost bankrupt, because people didn’t want to buy the products because of very bad reviews.

The camera is very clearly a design choice. The edge looks just like a reflection as mentioned above.

reeder-s19-max-pro-s-128-gb

3 Likes