Howto remove a contact from phone

I switched the phone, it seems there were contacts stored on it.
i have linked my nextcloud account
now i have two contacts for some names.
i can see that when i select edit.
i can edit the phone contact, but i can not delete it
and it seems that the phone contact wins: shows the avatar, details etc. rather then the one from nextcloud account
any ideas how to delete the contact in contact app or cmd line ?

Thanks !

4.1.0.24 / experia x

Maybe my bug report about beeing unable to disable CalDav is related. There seems to be a general issue to contact syncronization and contact merging while using different accounts.
CardDAV account disabled, but still shown as contacts

I stumbled over the same problem:
I started to sync my contacts with Nextcloud, so I now people do have two contacts: “Phone” and “Nextcloud”.
The “Phone” contact is not only completely useless, but also annoying: If I change a person’s phone number, the old one is still in the “Phone” contact, so in the “Contacts” app the person now has two phone numbers - and I have no clue which of them is correct.
Deleting the “Phone” contact is not possible in the GUI.

After finding this post in this forum and the description of the “contacts-tool” in the Sailfish Cheat Sheet I figured out a solution:

To delete all “Phone” contacts you have to:

1. Open the Terminal
  2. echo 'contacts-tool list local | awk "{print $2}" | while read ID; do echo "y" | contacts-tool delete $ID; done' > delete-local-contacts.sh
  3. chmod +x delete-local-contacts.sh
  4. devel-su -p ./delete-local-contacts.sh

Done.

@Jolla: When editing in the “Contacts” app a person who has multiple contacts, currently you have to choose which contact to edit (“Phone”, “Nextcloud”, “Telepathy”,…). In that screen please implement that a long press on a contact brings up a “Delete”.

2 Likes

i had again to switch the phone :smiley: lucky me, set up nextcloud and started peoples app.
on start it did ask about importing contacts, i assume say yes the last time. this time not, so it saved me from dups, the obviosly came from sim

however deleting them in an easy way from people app would be top notch

Hi,
I tried this to remove some double SIM contacts but The list is empty. Does this hack still work?

Thanks!

I’m pretty sure it does.