Home automation with Sailfish OS

I’d love to see the evidence if you find it :slight_smile: What did you use the sockets for? To turn on the TV? Presumably not to turn off the Pi :wink:

I use Ruuvi and Ruuvi Gateway to measure temperatures and humidity, e.g. outdoor, cellar, or to give an alarm if the temperature in the freezer or fridge gets too high. Ruuvi Android app would require a bluetooth support, so I currently use it through the browser and the alerts are sent to email.

The Netatmo Home+ Control Android app works flawlessly for me under Android App Support / Aliendalvik; that’s what I am using at the moment for my smart thermostat.

To everyone who contributed to this thread so far, thank you! I’ve written up things as best I could in the community news. Unfortunately I ran out of time and space to add in everything, so sorry for having to miss some out. It just goes to show how much interesting variety there is in this area.

Personally, I’ve loved reading about all of your different systems. Fascinating stuff.

7 Likes

Thanks for making Tint!
Its my favorite Hue app for Sailfish, and also on f-droid I did not manage to find a better app :slight_smile:
I use it everyday to switch off the lights.

It would be perfect if you could add support for the temperature sensor that is in every hue motion sensor

You’re too kind. It is really super basic.
What would one do with a temperature sensor? Just read it, or also control something?
I don’t think sensors are really going to happen in Tint… it is the rules part that is many times more effort than i could justify unfortunately.

I was hoping for a list of the /sensors, with the name and the temperature (+ maybe the battery level)

to do it, you would look for model id SML001 (indoor sensor) or SML002 (outdoor sensor)
(“modelid”, QVariant(QString, “SML002”)
then display the name
(“name”, QVariant(QString, “Casa dietro fuori sensor”)
and the temperature
(“temperature”, QVariant(double, 1901)) (19.01 degrees Celcius (that was in the summer!))
and maybe the battery status
(“battery”, QVariant(double, 100))

https://dresden-elektronik.github.io/deconz-rest-doc/devices/philips/sml001_motion_sensor/
https://dresden-elektronik.github.io/deconz-rest-doc/devices/philips/sml002_motion_sensor/