Help building AmiBerry - the Amiga emulator for ARM

Is the GemRB rpm supposed to work? For me only a non-responisve start screen is displayed.

Are you starting from the icon or command line?

From the plain installation there is probably some tweaking necessary in the/a config file to get something usable.

But it’s entirely possible that input is completely broken in its current state.

I’ve tried to play some more with it but build .29.1 only gives me a black screen no matter what… Are older builds still downloadable?

I started from the icon. I guess adapting the configuration would be over my head, so I’ll wait if someone more gifted takes an interest.

Noton OBS unfortunately.

I have some previous aarch64 rpms here - but they are always built from the same source so the binary itself should act the same.

Which phone model do you run it on? Do you get a normal emulation screen? I can’t even get the GUI if I launch it without any parameters.

I run it on a X10iii, 4.4.0.72.

With the command I gave above, or a script similar to the “wrapper” script it runs fine.

I.e. it loads disk images and plays demos and such.

You do need the kickstart file obviously, and It seems it’s picky about all the file locations.

I was testing it on the XA2 Ultra, where I still didn’t manage to make it work. Today I installed the aarch64 build on the 10 III and it works (if we don’t count totally broken touch control) but its performance is really bad compared to Android emulators like e.g. Uae4arm. So I guess it would need to be built with some optimizations for specific CPUs.

Since it’s an amiga afine development:
https://openrepos.net/content/poetaster/bassoontracker

3 Likes

I want to give it atry with configuring gemRB.
According to the gemRB webdite the configfile can be found at @SYSCONF_DIR@/gemrb.cfg
Do you know where that would be for SFOS?

Ah if I only remembered on the fly. All those emulation apps have such weird and differing defaults.

The systemwide cfg is certainly in /etc/gemrb, but I think it also uses a ‘local’ cfg file in the data dir. I.e. the dir where the game data lives - or one you give on the command line.