Foreca weather app's connection issues

Its curious that foreca work in meecast. But I can’t install meecast addons.

According to @poetaster, Meecast doesn’t use the (paid) API, but scrapes xml-files

1 Like

Well, you can simply uninstall the packages on the CLI with, for instance zypper. That’s for the ssh to my phone crowd :slight_smile:

It’s much better/worse. All of the services are scraped and xpath queries used to read the HTML documents. It’s a LOT of work that went into the original parsers. I haven’t installed the latest builds but I think the best thing, if you want the lock/event views, is to install those first and then the meecast proper package. @carmenfdezb does this sound right?

2 Likes

First, I uninstalled sailfish-weather from Terminal:

devel-su pkcon remove sailfish-weather

Next, I think I installed Meecast and then, meecast-event and meecast-daemon

3 Likes

Sorry, it’s not clear to me from the thread, but does uninstalling the jolla weather and installing meecast fix the weather widget in the events screen?

No, it replaces the weather widget with a differwnt widget

2 Likes

I tried your approach but keep getting problem with installing harbour-meecast-event and the same for …daemon. It is the …armv7hl.rpm?

Did you install from Storeman?

I installed via openrepos.net

Which phone do you have?

Yes that helped. Sony Xperia 10 III. But even with location on in settings and in the weather app, I cannot add any locations keeps asking to select the weather source

As far as I know, only foreca.com, weather.com and openweathermap.org are working in meecast

It doesn’t let me add any stations in the app

Take a look in this thread:

I wonder what we do after the 30 days. The cheapest subscription costs about 900€ per year. Then i also found that rapidapi offers foreca for free, but i didn’t look into it if they use the same api methods or not.

Finally got it working by adding the weather app, then the daemon via the Storeman, setup the apo then add the events now the weather shows up in the main screen after a reboot.

1 Like

Little tip select reload before installing the event as it keeps failing to install

Updating to .24 showed Weather with invalid keys, but uninstalling weather from store and replacing it with Meecast (aarch64 for X10III) worked immediately. I’ve always wanted their Atmos theme like it’s the itouch and siri days.

1 Like

I struggled a bit with this because it didn’t seem to work at first.

Here’s the steps that I did to make it work:

• Uninstall jolla-weather app using Jolla store
  • Install ‘Meecast Event View’ using Storeman
  • Configure Meecast
  • Reboot phone

For me Meecast only showed up on the eventview after rebooting.

5 Likes

How about meecast-lockscreen?