First impressions

I also prefer installing my apps from chum over openrepos, but the latter has the nice feature to show recently changed apps that are not installed on the phone, which I cannot have in the chum app.

3 Likes

My take. I publish everything I can on ALL channels. Some will be able to function more smoothly (ie, from chum) since they can pull dependencies they can’t in store.

That being said, the main argument for installing from chum is laziness. Which is a good. In the sense of the hedonists, moral good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am personally glad for the stability. Big names (e.g. Microsoft, Mozilla) make periodic “refresh”, infuriating half of the audience, while another half does not even notice. For me if something is good (and the SFOS graphical design is very good) then I want to keep it the same and just use it. KDE Plasma still offers their classical Oxygen theme originally released 2007; I don’t expect a mobile OS to provide the same level of graphical customization as a desktop environment so I guess the day Jolla goes for a refresh, I’ll have no options to keep it like now. So somehow I’m glad Jolla cannot afford to contract graphical design services.

1 Like

I am absolutely sure, the very same day jolla would change their UI layout, some people here would start reimplementing the old one by patches, just like the ones you can find for sfos 1 layout, sfos 2 close gesture and the like.
And it’s so nice that this is possible.

5 Likes