Feature request for Gallery app - Folder view + sorting options

Glad the issue was finally found, thought it had to do with corrupted files. Wound you kindly send me such a broken file on email, so I can implement a plausibility check with version 0.5 of ImgOrganizer?

Hello tplabs,
the corrupt file is not possible to copy or able to upload from the phone. But I had renamed it and will send it to you via Email. We was in contact in 2022 to this problem. If you make a new version I had also ideas:

1. A possibility to cancel the python search routine after the first start. In my case it was after the installing the folder android_storage active and because WhatsApp the circle run about 5 minutes and I was thinking the app not work fine. I have only to wait. If the user can cancel this than he can change the folders without waiting and found also the folder with corrupt files.
  2. A refresh function or is the file searching every time active?
    But no pressure its work now good for me and the time lug after the start is acceptable with about 4000 pictures.
    regards Ralf

Here are the terminal protocoll with root and a corrupt file:

[defaultuser@Xperia10II-DualSIM ~]
$ devel-su
Password:
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM defaultuser]# 
env XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/100000  WAYLAND_DISPLAY=../../display/wayland-0 harbour-timeline
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library "libGLESv2_adreno.so" not found
library "eglSubDriverAndroid.so" not found
[D] unknown:0 - Got library name:"/usr/lib64/qt5/qml/io/thp/pyotherside/libpyothersideplugin.so"
[D] unknown:0 - "PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent call last):
\n\n  File \"/usr/share/harbour-timeline/qml/py/timelinex.py\", line 389, in findClosestDate\n    
closestDate = min(datesItems, key=lambda x: abs(x - targetDate))\n\nValueError: min() arg is an empty sequence\n"

Hi and thank you for testing the features. Glad it now works with v0.5. Filenames with β€œ?” or β€œ*” should be filtered out now.
Oh, and a scan for images happens every time the app gets started, and SF seems smart enough to speed up this process over time in the background, which is really nice. A manual refresh can also be done by pressing-and-holding the setup-icon in the lower right corner until the device vibrates. This is useful if one receives or deletes images while ImgOrganizer is open.

1 Like

I found a bug, when the Number exceeds 4 digits its displayed with a linebreak (the 1024):