Device flashing with manjaro/arch

The workarounds for the usb issues don’t seem to work on manjaro and arch. Only after I installed it from a ubuntu live cd it got further. Maybe this should be included in the flashing guide at How to install Sailfish X on Xperia™ 10 III on Linux - Jolla ?

3 Likes

The issue I couldn’t get around was:

>> fastboot -s XXXX getvar secure
<< secure: no
>> fastboot -s XXX flash:raw boot_a hybris-boot.img
Sending 'boot_a' (25900 KB)                        FAILED (Status read failed (No such device))
fastboot: error: Command failed
Flashing failed (1)

before that I hat the get_var secure problem which I worked around by using a usb2 controller.

1 Like

I installed all my devices with Manjaro. It’s maybe an USB port issue.

3 Likes

ubuntu failed after some time as well… maybe i was just unlucky with the ports. I booted windows and could install it from there

1 Like

If the smartphone reboots after that failure is a USB sleeping problem. On my laptop, I have exprimented both. The USB 3 problem can be managed with some software workarounds but with an USB 2.0-only hub you will be 100% safe and the USB sleeping port which in theory should not happens when the hub sucks current but - like in my case the BIOS is tuned to give away current even if the data port is sleeping - it happens. Connecting and mounting a USB stick might solve the problem.

conclusion

Use a USB 2.0-only hub with a USB 2.0-only stick connected to it.

3 Likes