Developer Announcement - Qt 5.15 available for app developer testing

Radical idea: try a build of all of this against 3.4.x/armv7, to potentially breathe new life into J1 devices? :smiley:

4 Likes

its only a few clicks in obs :smiley:

1 Like

we have a script for it, but it will enable also i486 and aarch64. as for clicks, it is quite a few with the number of libs that were packaged…

I get the same when I use the 4.5.x-built packages on my 4.4 device. Not that I’d expect it to work, but sometimes it does.

Got a feedback from eugenio_g7 at SFOS porters channel: you maybe missing this PR in your device (old hybris?): hybris: egl: Provide eglCreatePlatformWindowSurface. by MagneFire · Pull Request #516 · libhybris/libhybris · GitHub

PS: which should also indicate that adding older SFOS releases wouldn’t work very well for Qt 5.15

2 Likes

Discussion continues at Qt 5.15: what's next? - with a bit of another angle.

Qt has been updated to 5.15.9 (in Chum and Chum:testing).

Small issue appeared that was leading to freezing of Qt apps when QT_WAYLAND_RESIZE_AFTER_SWAP environment variable was set. New Qt-Runner (0.4.0) removes that variable from the environment used by applications running in it. If you use Qt apps via some other compositor (newcompositor), make sure that you don’t have that env var defined (it is by default on SFOS).

4 Likes

Q: Can I have (activate) Password manager on Angelfish? I can’t find an option to store usernames and passwords in Angelfish. Did I oversee something in Angelfish’s settings?

1 Like

[Feature Request] Add option to remember passwords (#63) · Issues · Network / Angelfish · GitLab not (yet) implemented.

Actually it seems QtWebEngine does not expose this feature (yet), being discussed for Qt 6.6 or 6.7 but not there yet. So Angelfish would have a hard time implementing that.

3 Likes

Many thanks for clarifying, @simonschmeisser .

I use ownkeepass, it has buttons on the app cover to copy the username and password to the clipboard

3 Likes

So I’ve the silliest of questions, can we use Web tech with this? (ie NodeGui)

2 new framework additions, threadweaver and syndicate

3 Likes

@rinigus When upgrading to SFOS 4.5.0.21 qt-runner was uninstalled for me and I can no longer install it from chum app. It seems that chum doesn’t have a build of qt-runner for 4.5.0.21. Can you please add a build for qt-runner or is there some issue?

QT-Runner is still present on my system (4.5.0.21 / XA2+), but I can’t find it in Chum anymore either.

I got it working again by changing to 4.5.0.19 for chum in ssu.

I haven’t had time to enable 5.15 builds for newer SFOS release. Would hopefully look into it in the next few days

3 Likes

I was actually curious to try some de applications, like elisa (that does not work anyway) but seems i can’t remove the kde dependencies as everything depends on some other thing, how do i remove things completely?

Would be awesome, take your time

Qt and KF have been updated and are available for 4.5.0.21 as well.

10 Likes